1.    #1  
    1. Music player opens and gives the circle forever ...reboot fixes it every time...
    2. Plug in of headphones not always "seen" and have to fiddle to get it to switch sound to headphones...

huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    2. Plug in of headphones not always "seen" and have to fiddle to get it to switch sound to headphones...
    Take a can of compress air and blow it into the audio jack on that phone. Short bursts.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    1. Music player opens and gives the circle forever ...reboot fixes it every time...
    The app cannot access the USB drive partition for some reason. How often do you have to do this? This drive maybe corrupted so could back up your contents in there, do erase USB data in device info, put the usb data back in to see how that fairs.

1. Indexer issue maybe? Cant recall the name but there was a patch/app that forced it to re-index. Its worth a try.
    Deleting the media (music & videos), rebooting, running the native player, then copying the media back may solve it.

2. Does the connector have 3 or 4 bands? If 4, see this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    1. Indexer issue maybe? Cant recall the name but there was a patch/app that forced it to re-index. Its worth a try.

There is the Media Indexer Refresh homebrew app but that's for issues of missing select files in the USB drive. It is worth a shot if the above fails.

The other possibility is the USB drive is fine but the Music app itself sometimes fails to initiate the indexing protocol, thus staying on the circle of fail. In these circumstances its time for an erase apps and data or doctor.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Take a can of compress air and blow it into the audio jack on that phone. Short bursts.
    ...is the ability of the phone to "see" headphones a result of ELECTRONIC make of a contact or as a result of a MECHANICAL break of a contact in the socket as is common in other types of devices?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Deleting the media (music & videos), rebooting, running the native player, then copying the media back may solve it.

2. Does the connector have 3 or 4 bands? If 4, see this post.
    ...is the ability of the phone to "see" headphones a result of ELECTRONIC make of a contact or as a result of a MECHANICAL break of a contact in the socket as is common in other types of devices?
    I cannot speak for other brands but for the palm/hp webOS devices there is a mechanical button-like sensor that once tripped the device will go into headset mode.

9.    #9  
    I cannot speak for other brands but for the palm/hp webOS devices there is a mechanical button-like sensor that once tripped the device will go into headset mode.
    so then the air cleaning advice is valid in this case...??

lazy me (patapoof) on the way to store to get air in can...
    Last edited by patapoof; 02/10/2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: mor
    so then the air cleaning advice is valid in this case...??

lazy me (patapoof) on the way to store to get air in can...
    Commonly known as computer dusters or keyboard dusters. Make sure the can is not upside down during the procedure.

11.    #11  
    Commonly known as computer dusters or keyboard dusters. Make sure the can is not upside down during the procedure.
    has a trigger shooter head on it...
    has a trigger shooter head on it...
    That be it. Use the straw on it for maximun benefit

huh?
    I had that after transferring music from my Ubuntu PC to Pre 3 via USB. What helped was connecting Pre 3 again and unmounting it.

Fortunately there's a program in Preware called "WiFi TP File Browser". It works with Pre 3. So now I'm sending music files to my mobile over WiFi and the problem with spinning circle never showed again.