webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Adding to Calendar doesn't sync with Microsoft Exchange
Adding to Calendar doesn't sync with Microsoft Exchange

Old 02/10/2012, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

I have a Pre 3 and a Touchpad. When I add and event to the calendar on the Pre 3, it doesn't sync with MS Exchange. But When I add on the Touchpad, it does sync. Also, if I delete an event on the Pre 3, it does sync. It's just adding events that doesn't sync.

Anyone else having this issue and any solution?

I'm running webOS 2.2.4 on the Pre 3 and 3.0.5 on the TP.

Thanks
mschumacher69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2012, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

First of all, make sure when you add that event on the Pre3 that it is going to the exchange account. Look at the top-right corner when making new events for the exchange symbol. If it is another account, change it to the exchange account.

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
addiarmadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2012, 05:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
First of all, make sure when you add that event on the Pre3 that it is going to the exchange account. Look at the top-right corner when making new events for the exchange symbol. If it is another account, change it to the exchange account.
I'm definitely sure that i'm adding to the exchange account!
Old 02/11/2012, 06:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

Anyone having the same issue?
Old 02/12/2012, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Does no one use their Pre 3 with MS Exchange?
Old 02/13/2012, 01:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm using 3 Kerio mailserver accounts set up as Exchange accounts (EAS) with my Pre 3, as well as my Touchpad. No problem adding, editing, or removing events, contacts or tasks though.

It could be your SSL Certificate, or your Exchange Server's Security Policies...
Furuboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2012, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumacher69 View Post
Does no one use their Pre 3 with MS Exchange?
- Creation and managing of appointments on a PRE works fine and will replicated correctly.
- But if you invite additional contacts these contacts will not be informed about the appointment. The replicated item on the PC has no additional invitations.
- Also if you change an appointment on a PRE which was once created on a PC no one will be informed about this change!
Scholle3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2012, 01:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

I can't seem to find a solution for this! I'm using it with 2 exchange online accounts hosted by microsoft!
Old 02/22/2012, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

It definitly works with Pre3 via EAS with Exchange 2010 SP1 in my private cloud. I can find a new created record in all of my devices including Touchpad and notebook via OWA and Outlook 2010.

Try to figure out if the default calender of the Pre3 is the Exchange Server if you haven`t done it already.

Good luck, Dirk
dirlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/2012, 06:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlon View Post
It definitly works with Pre3 via EAS with Exchange 2010 SP1 in my private cloud. I can find a new created record in all of my devices including Touchpad and notebook via OWA and Outlook 2010.

Try to figure out if the default calender of the Pre3 is the Exchange Server if you haven`t done it already.

Good luck, Dirk
I'm pretty much sure that the default calendar is the exchange calendar that i'm posting to!

I can't understand why it works on the Touchpad but it doesn't work on the Pre 3! Are there any logs that I can check to see if I can find any sync errors?

Thanks
Old 02/23/2012, 07:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

Is your Pre3 on the same timezone? Try setting the timezone manually on the Pre3 to match that of the TouchPad.
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/2012, 07:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
Is your Pre3 on the same timezone? Try setting the timezone manually on the Pre3 to match that of the TouchPad.
I will try that. Both the Pre 3 and the Touchpad are set to Network time zone, but they are both on different networks because the Pre 3 is on my Carrier's network whereas the Touchpad is on wifi, both networks should have the same time zone but I'll give it a try.
Old 02/23/2012, 07:30 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I will try that. Both the Pre 3 and the Touchpad are set to Network time zone, but they are both on different networks because the Pre 3 is on my Carrier's network whereas the Touchpad is on wifi, both networks should have the same time zone but I'll give it a try.
I tried setting the timezone and time manually and it still doesn't work! I also tried on my wife's Veer and adding to the calendar on the Veer doesn't sync with exchange either, but it works the other way round, same as with the Pre 3!

So currently, syncing to exchange when adding events to the webOS calendar is only working from the Touchpad!!

I'm trying on 2 different Exchange Online accounts, they are both hosted by Microsoft (Live@edu), one is the school where I work, and one is my university!
Old 02/23/2012, 08:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

Have you tried adding or removing the domain in the settings? Has to just be some type of configuration error.

Are you using m.outlook.com as your server?

Last edited by frantid; 02/23/2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02/23/2012, 10:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you tried adding or removing the domain in the settings? Has to just be some type of configuration error.

Are you using m.outlook.com as your server?
First i was trying with the domain (lau.edu) then i tried without a domain and it doesn't make a difference. On the Touchpad, it works with a domain and without a domain. As for the server, i'm using https://pod51013.outlook.com

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
You can always use the Thanks and/or Like button if you think my post was useful
Old 02/23/2012, 12:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
First i was trying with the domain (lau.edu) then i tried without a domain and it doesn't make a difference. On the Touchpad, it works with a domain and without a domain. As for the server, i'm using https://pod51013.outlook.com

Does it work with m.outlook.com? All the google searches use that for mobile server for Live@edu

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
Old 02/23/2012, 01:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Does it work with m.outlook.com? All the google searches use that for mobile server for Live@edu
i tried m.outlook.com and i still have the same issue! The weird thing is that everything else syncs, it's just adding to the pre 3 calendar that doesn't sync! Even deleting from the pre 3 calendar syncs!

Maybe it's because i'm using 2 different exchange accounts at the same time? I'll try disabling the calendar on one of them and see what happens!

You can always use the Thanks and/or Like button if you think my post was useful
Old 02/23/2012, 01:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

I tried disabling the calendar on 1 of the exchange accounts and it didn't solve the problem :S

Old 02/23/2012, 01:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm pretty much sure that the default calendar is the exchange calendar that i'm posting to!

I can't understand why it works on the Touchpad but it doesn't work on the Pre 3! Are there any logs that I can check to see if I can find any sync errors?

Thanks
Using internalz pro, go to directory /var/log and open the file messages. It would display such errors there. Could be a needle in a haystack there so first delete this file and then try to sync the calendar, then immediately open the new message file for a much shorter version.

Old 02/23/2012, 01:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
i tried m.outlook.com and i still have the same issue! The weird thing is that everything else syncs, it's just adding to the pre 3 calendar that doesn't sync! Even deleting from the pre 3 calendar syncs!

Maybe it's because i'm using 2 different exchange accounts at the same time? I'll try disabling the calendar on one of them and see what happens!

You can do 2 EAS accounts fine. Catch is only one will support policies.

Hmm does your 2 accounts enforce any policies? Tried removing both EAS accounts, reboot the device, and add back just one account yet?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0