1.    #1  
    Took the pre 3 off the touchstone this morning at 7.30am sent a text put it in my top pocket and it was dead as a dodo at exactly 11.45am.

Wifi was on as normal
    Bluetooth was off as normal
    screen ( when on.. was set at 46%)
    didnt get a reply from the txt so no notification light.

This seems to be the worst episode of a rather slippery slope over the last month. With
    similiar power drains that have left the battery going mid afternoon. Usually it lasts till I get home and more. I have a variety of patches but the usual recommended ones and dont use uberkernal or govenor.
    I know a lot has been talked about this on other handsets but " the flagship" ???

Heath
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliffe View Post
    Took the pre 3 off the touchstone this morning at 7.30am sent a text put it in my top pocket and it was dead as a dodo at exactly 11.45am.

Wifi was on as normal
    Bluetooth was off as normal
    screen ( when on.. was set at 46%)
    didnt get a reply from the txt so no notification light.

This seems to be the worst episode of a rather slippery slope over the last month. With
    similiar power drains that have left the battery going mid afternoon. Usually it lasts till I get home and more. I have a variety of patches but the usual recommended ones and dont use uberkernal or govenor.
    I know a lot has been talked about this on other handsets but " the flagship" ???

Heath
    Doesn’t sound good, I’m feeling sorry for you, especially as I ever wanted to own a Pre 3 … At the moment I’m really happy with my Veer.

Have you installed JSTop from Preware? Because I had it installed a few days ago with Auto GC toggled on and both my Veer and TP ran out of power after not only two minutes of web browsing. Please give me feedback on this.

Also try checking your battery’s health with Dr. Battery (Preware).

Keeping my fingers crossed for you …
    GWN
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Typically my Pre 3 uses 1/2 to 3/4 of 1 percent per hour at idle with WiFi on, GPS on and 3 email accounts checking every 30 min. Sounds to me like it could be either a defective battery (have you installed the Dr Battery app so you can see how the your battery health is?) or maybe you are in area with a weak signal and your phone is always searching for the signal (this happens when I am at my brothers house and my phone goes dead in 4 hours).
    Have you tried tidying up your saved networks list? Huge power drain on the pre is very often when your phone is continually connecting to wifi (due to walking around an area with lots of different saved hotspots, or sitting somewhere with ver weak wifi signal)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Also could be wifi being on, since the Pre3 struggles with wifi in many cases. Could be switching on and off data connection.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...