1.    #1  
    does it make any difference if one uses the red "hang up" or if one simply flicks it upward closing the phone app as to how the call ends and are there any consequences to either one of these choices?
    Flicking off the screen is faster.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Flicking off the screen is faster.
    ...if somehow it doesn't disconnect properly cuz his fone battery level plummets when he flicks it off on VEER ...I don't notice that on PRE3 ...just curious...
    It should show a banner message that the call was ended. The disconnect is properly.

The issue with the battery drain is a different issue. It's not connected to not hanging up properly but to something that tries to sync something to somewhere... to get the phone to act normally again you have to enable a data connection after a phone call and then it won't be busy all the time trying to connect somewhere and eating up your precious battery.

I'm not sure, but the Pre3 might have the very same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    ...if somehow it doesn't disconnect properly cuz his fone battery level plummets when he flicks it off on VEER ...I don't notice that on PRE3 ...just curious...
    huh?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...