webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > sms/mms transfer
sms/mms transfer
Like Tree14Likes

Old 10/18/2012, 06:19 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
Did you install the patch or run the code to give the app permissions to access the database? Not sure what I am talking about, check out my tip at Export your text and instant messages [webOS 2.0+] | webOS Nation
After installing the app from preeware, i do have installed the patch. I defenetly followed your "tip" :-) ... but the problem is still there... i will try a full reboot of the system and let you know.

Last edited by Trovatore; 10/18/2012 at 06:25 AM.
Trovatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2012, 07:21 AM   #62 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You definitively will need to reboot the device after installing the patch.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Trovatore likes this.
Thanked By: Trovatore
Old 10/18/2012, 09:48 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
You definitively will need to reboot the device after installing the patch.
Just did a reboot and ... the app works perfect!!! Thanks a lot for developing it!!
Trovatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 11:00 PM   #64 (permalink)

What to do if hangs at "calling service"? Have tried "reset service", but still did not query.
davidaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 03:59 AM   #65 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hm.. the service is so easy, it should not really hang... :-(
You can see if you have a file called ".info.mobo.exportmessages.log" on your usb partition and send that to me or see if there is anything in there.

For the "reset service" it is important to restart the app after that. Should add a message for that (or can I restart the app automatically?).

One question: What device do you use and what webOS version is installed on that?
Old 04/17/2013, 03:34 PM   #66 (permalink)

Thank you so much for this patch and app!

I recently downloaded it all on my VZW pre2 on WebOS 2.1.0 and I'm finding that it's exporting a lot of "deleted" messages. I skimmed the thread and didn't see anything about this except to do a Palm Backup. I did the backup but it's still exporting deleted messages. Is there any way around this?

Thanks!
jrronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2013, 01:19 AM   #67 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hm... it "should" not export deleted messages at all... I can't see why that should happen.

I will try to create a new version that explicitely tells webOS to not include deleted messages in the query. Maybe that helps you. If not, there is not much I can do, except export the deleted status also and let you filter the messages manually.

Sorry for the delayed response. Was on a long vacation.
Old 05/23/2013, 12:24 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Hm... it "should" not export deleted messages at all... I can't see why that should happen.

I will try to create a new version that explicitely tells webOS to not include deleted messages in the query. Maybe that helps you. If not, there is not much I can do, except export the deleted status also and let you filter the messages manually.

Sorry for the delayed response. Was on a long vacation.
Oh, no worries. I hope you had a great vacation!

To clarify: I deleted conversations with people by swiping at the conversation screen (before going into an individual sms thread) for most of the conversations I didn't care about. There are just a couple I do, and those are the ones I'm trying to export. So maybe webOS doesn't delete all of those individual texts even though the whole conversation should be gone? Sort of like quick formatting a hard drive -- the data's there, but the partition table is nuked?

It's not a super big deal -- I *have* the conversations I want. I could probably solve this all with some perl, but then I'd have to re-learn my perl, haha.

Cheers!
jrronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/2013, 07:14 AM   #69 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Actually I managed to take a deeper look at this during the weekend and noticed that version 1.0.3, which is in the precentral feeds, already contains the fix, I thought of... hm.. so I fear there is nothing left, I can do for you.
Old 06/19/2013, 02:46 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually I managed to take a deeper look at this during the weekend and noticed that version 1.0.3, which is in the precentral feeds, already contains the fix, I thought of... hm.. so I fear there is nothing left, I can do for you.
Can this be used to transfer notes as well? If so, what is the name of the database that contains the notes?
spencelliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2013, 08:06 AM   #71 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Yes, you can use that for notes, too. I think it should be like that:

Code:
luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.notes palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.note:1"}}' > /media/internal/allnotes.txt
I wanted to put up a app for that, too... but did not find time, yet.
Just do it this way, until then...
Old 08/17/2013, 04:44 AM   #72 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I released the notes export as additional app and pushed it to the precentral feeds. I also submitted a patch for the notes export (a new patch is necessary!) which should show up in the feeds sometime. I also attached the notes permission patch on this post.
Attached Files
File Type: patch permission.patch (694 Bytes, 3 views) Email Attachment
Old 01/01/2014, 09:15 PM   #73 (permalink)

Hi Garfonso,

Thanks for both of these great export tools. Sadly I'm finally leaving the webOS camp for Android.

Is there a way that the SMS export could output and XML file that's compatible with the Android SMS Backup & Restore app? SMS Backup & Restore - Android Stuff

Someone made a perl script which would export webOS 1.x SMS messages to this format, but I can't find anything for webOS 2.x.

Your utilities have already helped me bring my Memos with me (I put them all in Google Keep). Thanks!
martinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2014, 09:40 PM   #74 (permalink)

Once you've got the json exported, generating xml should be fairly easy if you have all of the data you need.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2014, 10:31 AM   #75 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Implemented something. See if that works for you. If not, you probably have to enter the "count" into the <smses> property manually. I was to lazy to delay writing that until I had the count... would be quite a lot of code restructuring.. and the count is not really necessary on import.. so I omitted it. But maybe, if the importer is not well written it might cause issues.

The other stuff is just like in the example they give on their HP and should work out. Will just update the app on Precentral.
Thanked By: martinb
Old 01/06/2014, 09:47 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Implemented something. See if that works for you. If not, you probably have to enter the "count" into the <smses> property manually. I was to lazy to delay writing that until I had the count... would be quite a lot of code restructuring.. and the count is not really necessary on import.. so I omitted it. But maybe, if the importer is not well written it might cause issues.

The other stuff is just like in the example they give on their HP and should work out. Will just update the app on Precentral.
That's awesome! Thanks so much.

I'm going to give it a try tonight and I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 01/08/2014, 06:33 PM   #77 (permalink)

Ooops, I forgot about this for a day or two.

I tried it out and got the following error on export:

Database Failure: TypeError = Cannot read property '0' of undefined
Ok.
Canceling futures:
Exported 5400 / 9000
Exported 5300 / 9000

My EXPORT SETTINGS were:
filename: messages.xml
Export only SMS (not checked)
Export as XML (checked)
Old 01/08/2014, 06:38 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinb View Post
Ooops, I forgot about this for a day or two.

I tried it out and got the following error on export:

Database Failure: TypeError = Cannot read property '0' of undefined
Ok.
Canceling futures:
Exported 5400 / 9000
Exported 5300 / 9000

My EXPORT SETTINGS were:
filename: messages.xml
Export only SMS (not checked)
Export as XML (checked)
Ok, it looks like the last line of output in the XML file is this:

<sms protocol=1 adrress=+1XXXXXXXXXX" date="13664076096242" subject="null" body="undefined" toa="null" sc_toa="null" servoce_center="null" read="1" status="-1" readable_date="Fri Apr 19 2013 17:40:09 GMT-0400 (EDT)" contact_name="(Unknown)" />

It looks like it doesn't like 'body="undefined"'

That's the only occurrence of 'body="undefined" in the whole file and its the last line, so it looks to me like the smoking gun.
Old 01/08/2014, 06:47 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinb View Post
Ok, it looks like the last line of output in the XML file is this:

<sms protocol=1 adrress=+1XXXXXXXXXX" date="13664076096242" subject="null" body="undefined" toa="null" sc_toa="null" servoce_center="null" read="1" status="-1" readable_date="Fri Apr 19 2013 17:40:09 GMT-0400 (EDT)" contact_name="(Unknown)" />

It looks like it doesn't like 'body="undefined"'

That's the only occurrence of 'body="undefined" in the whole file and its the last line, so it looks to me like the smoking gun.
One more thing I just noticed - this XML probably won't import correctly because of the following typos:

<sms protocol=1 adrress=

should be

<sms protocol=1 address=

and

servoce_center="null"

should be

service_center="null"

Also, is there a reason why 'type=' is missing? On the backups from the Android SMS Backup app, it dumps all of the SMS that I received as 'type=1' and all of the SMS message I've sent as 'type=2'. It seems like it might be important for a useful import.

Anyway, thank you so much for working on this really cool utility!
Old 01/09/2014, 02:24 AM   #80 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Ok. The error message was not because of undefined body. That will not cause an issue, only means that messages without text (empty sms? MMS?) will get the body text "undefined".

The issue must have been with the next message which had no recipients but was in the outbox folder? (Or at least not in the inbox folder). I'm wondering how that is possible. Only knew about those two folders... this case is now handled.

And I also fixed the other issues you mentioned. Thank you for testing. Let me know how it works with the 1.0.5 version.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0