Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    This is a linux timestamp in miliseconds from 1.1.1970. Usually the linux timestamps are in seconds from 1.1.1970, but not in javascript... so for the most tools that can handle these timestamps, you need to omit the last three digits.

I usually use Epoch Converter - Unix Timestamp Converter for the conversion. This also has a batch converter... but as I said, you need to get rid of the last three 000. Maybe there are other tools that can understand that.
    If you want to code something in javascript (or have something that is javascript) you can create a date with new Date(timestamp) and print that (i.e. to a website).
    bijama1 likes this.
    Thank you again.

What I did with the json file from previous post:

1) Convert json file to xml using XML to JSON and JSON to XML converter online

2) From the resulting xml file remove and add
    at the beginning of the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <returnValue>true</returnValue>
    <all>
    <results>
    <_id>++HjeNl_SwSQzqFT</_id>

and at the end of the xml file:

</to>
    </results>
    <next>2+460FFf9oWkPLKoG4OPPr4oQnGY+F</next>
    </all>

The final xml file can be easily imported into

3) MS-EXCEL, then
    * remove columns as appropriate
    * make column "localTimestamp" readable with the formula =GANZZAHL(B2/1000)/86400+25569 (in German Excel)
    * make column "Timestamp" readable with the formula =E2/86400+25569
    (dont forget to format these columns as date/time, thanks to Epoch and Excel | massyn.net)

In my file both time stamp columns contain the same value

AND THAT IS THE FIRST TIME AFTER DAYS OF PLAYING AROUND TO HAVE ALLE SMS (text messages) from my Pre 3 nicely in one EXCEL file
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/04/2012 at 09:22 AM.
    Garfonso and jcmarcos like this.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I only get about a weeks worth of texts though. US dates 2/25/2012 (I assume when I Doctored) until 3/02/2012. Is there a limit to what it can export with that script or is it something about my environment in the phone?

EDIT: I should mention I did this with wTerm on my phone.

Edit 2: This also happens from commandline through WOSQI... Sigh
    Last edited by gbobman; 06/12/2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Clarification
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Sorted....
    Last edited by robdos; 06/20/2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Sorted it
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbobman View Post
    I only get about a weeks worth of texts though. US dates 2/25/2012 (I assume when I Doctored) until 3/02/2012. Is there a limit to what it can export with that script or is it something about my environment in the phone?

EDIT: I should mention I did this with wTerm on my phone.

Edit 2: This also happens from commandline through WOSQI... Sigh
    I have the same...all older messages for me nothing new.
    It "should" get everything that is there... but maybe there is somewhere a restriction if you have very many messages... I'm not sure.

You can try the limit/page mechanism of the query.

First do that:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.smsmessage:1", "limit":100 }, count: true}' >> /media/internal/smsmessages.txt
    Now you need to have a look at the result file. At the end it should say how many more there are ("count":"XYZ") and there should be an entry "next": with some complex string behind that, example:
    Code:
    "next":"2+AD0FFf9oWtTYRkQn3sSq47FJ4r+F"
    You will now need to add that next value as "page" parameter to your query to get the next bit of information. You will need to change the next thing until nothing new will arrive, the second command would be:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.smsmessage:1", "limit":100, page:"2+AD0FFf9oWtTYRkQn3sSq47FJ4r+F" }, count: true}' >> /media/internal/smsmessages.txt
    Note the page parameter added to the query!
    Also note that I now use the >> operator. That will add new content to the end of the file... Maybe you'll want that, maybe not... If not, just change the filename in every step.

You now need to change the value for "page" in every step with the new string that appears behind "next" at the end of the file you have written.

Maybe that helps. I'm not sure.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    It "should" get everything that is there... but maybe there is somewhere a restriction if you have very many messages... I'm not sure.

You can try the limit/page mechanism of the query.

First do that:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.smsmessage:1", "limit":100 }, count: true}' >> /media/internal/smsmessages.txt
    Now you need to have a look at the result file. At the end it should say how many more there are ("count":"XYZ") and there should be an entry "next": with some complex string behind that, example:
    Code:
    "next":"2+AD0FFf9oWtTYRkQn3sSq47FJ4r+F"
    You will now need to add that next value as "page" parameter to your query to get the next bit of information. You will need to change the next thing until nothing new will arrive, the second command would be:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.smsmessage:1", "limit":100, page:"2+AD0FFf9oWtTYRkQn3sSq47FJ4r+F" }, count: true}' >> /media/internal/smsmessages.txt
    Note the page parameter added to the query!
    Also note that I now use the >> operator. That will add new content to the end of the file... Maybe you'll want that, maybe not... If not, just change the filename in every step.

You now need to change the value for "page" in every step with the new string that appears behind "next" at the end of the file you have written.

Maybe that helps. I'm not sure.
    I have the "next" value. Thanks very much - appreciate it - I'll try it tonight.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Nearly! But not quite. I get;

{"errorCode":-1990,"errorText":"json: error parsing prop name at 1:56","returnValue":false}

Appreciate any further help!
    Ah, sorry, my mistake. Every prop name needs to be in quotes and I forgot them for page and also count:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.smsmessage:1", "limit":100 }, "count": true}' >> /media/internal/smsmessages.txt
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.smsmessage:1", "limit":100, "page":"2+AD0FFf9oWtTYRkQn3sSq47FJ4r+F" }, "count": true}' >> /media/internal/smsmessages.txt
    Strange... I thought I did try all the commands... hm.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    works like a baby's new toy, thank you
    hey sorry to be a pain but well i have accumulated a lot of texts over the few months and i text like 100 a day so there is a lot of texts. using this to get my texts will take way to much time i have been able to get 500 texts at a time instead of the 100 in your solution but it stops working after that.

do you have any idea of how to maybe get a 1000 texts at a time :/ if so it would be very much appreciated
    well just realised that i use about 3000 texts a month and ive had this phone for 8 months so there is about 2400 texts on so the more texts i can copy at a time will be good or maybe if you could just tell me where the database is then ill just copy that been trying to find it for ages
    I don't think that is possible to change... there is a capacity limit for one callback form the Palmbus and the 1000 texts clearly is above that, as it seems. Most probably that is also connected to the length of the messages and so on...

Sorry, can't really help you there... maybe you can try to read into bash programming and write a more sophisticated script (there are for loops in bash)... or you can try to write an app that does the work for you.

I also don't really know where the database is... I guess somewhere in /var/... but I'm not sure if that is really known, and if so, you still need to be able to read the DB.
    well thank you any way
    ill just do it 500 at a time lol ill get a macro on it or something
  15. jek
    Hi Folks,

I have to admit I switched from my Pre3 to Xperia P, leaving WebOS behind, still in love but lately more in love-sickness. But that's another story. So I needed to export my texts as well and as such I successfully used the method described by Garfonso in Post 19. Thanks!

Unfortunately I had problems with connecting via SSH (weird putty error "No authentication available: Host send "publickey,keyboard-interactive") which I could not solve, so I used an internal console to execute those commands directly on the Pre3 with it's own keyboard... Nevertheless I got the appended txt file containing various JSON replies to the query, each on one line. So how to get this to android?

So on android there is the SMS Backup/Restore App which uses XML to store messages.

In the end I've written a (dirty) PHP script taking the txt file and spitting out a compatible xml file (took me half an hour actually...) and for those of you who want to do the same, I appended it. It's so dirty simple, consider it public domain, please.

So if someone could write a bash script for automating the initial export, we've got a proper WebOS2+ to Android text migration here.

Cheerio,
    J.

p.s. You have to remove the .txt extension which was needed for uploading to the forum and you need a version of php installed (I developed on 5.3.8 but the script is so simple, many other versions should work, too). Usage is then simply

php smsjson2xml.php exportedsms.txt importablesms.xml
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jek; 08/17/2012 at 04:17 AM.
    erm curious question does anyone know how to delete all my text because my phone says there gone but impostah still seems to find a few quite a lot and when i click delete all it says my database is full then resets my phone. after restoring my backed up data i find all them in the background are still there as there on the backed up data so i am unable to delete them :/ anyone know a way how ?
    You'd need to delete them all in impostah or the messaging app and then do a backup. You can ignore the "database is full" message.

But there are also other ways to overcome the database is full situation, did you check them out, yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I don't think that is possible to change... there is a capacity limit for one callback form the Palmbus and the 1000 texts clearly is above that, as it seems. Most probably that is also connected to the length of the messages and so on...

Sorry, can't really help you there... maybe you can try to read into bash programming and write a more sophisticated script (there are for loops in bash)... or you can try to write an app that does the work for you.

I also don't really know where the database is... I guess somewhere in /var/... but I'm not sure if that is really known, and if so, you still need to be able to read the DB.
    I also have a lot of received SMS-es too and Garfonso query also works - without limit (it reads out till the capacity limit, the file length is about 250.000 compared to the file length where limit is 100 where lenght is 50.000)

no counter at the end of file
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.smsmessage:1"}}' > /media/internal/smsmessagesall.txt

and than read the last message number, is starts with "next": mine is "1rR401gfHI8XMqWGLKC2S5cfHM30"

luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.smsmessage:1", "page":"1rR401gfHI8XMqWGLKC2S5cfHM30" }}' >> /media/internal/smsmessagesall.txt

or

with counter at the end of file
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.smsmessage:1"},"count": true}' > /media/internal/smsmessagesall.txt

and than read the last message number, is starts with "next": mine is "1rR401gfHI8XMqWGLKC2S5cfHM30"

luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.smsmessage:1", "page":"1rR401gfHI8XMqWGLKC2S5cfHM30" }, "count": true}' >> /media/internal/smsmessagesall.txt

and repeat this till there is no last message number at the end
    Last edited by Sumy; 09/09/2012 at 02:56 AM.
    Ok guys. I have been looking for about a month for a solution to extracting my text messages from my Pre 3 (webos 2.2.4) into a format that I can read and save for the future. WIth no further WebOS devices coming my way, I figure it is time to get my text messages off that HP server somewhere and onto my hard drive.

I have attempted the following four methods:

1. Find "objects.db" and copy it to a PC, then use SQLite to read it, map the appropriate data and export it.
    2. Use the command line to query the messaging app in WebOS to output txt messages into a JSON formatted .txt file. Convert that to XML. Convert that to Excel.
    3. Select a text conversation. select "copy all". paste the result in an email and email it to myself.
    4. Use Save/Restore to back up the data in the messaging app.

All four methods have their appeal, but in the end I have found all four of them unsatisfactory to complete my project. So I have posted a project on elance.com (https://www.elance.com/job/33804268/proposals) offering $300 to the person who can get my text messages exported to Excel format. I know $300 is not a lot of money for someone with amazing programming mojo, but it is some extra money if someone can make this process simple and usable - plus you should be able ot sell the result to other trapped WebOS users like myself.

Before I sign off, here are the hurtles I ran into with each of the four "solutions" above if it helps you sort this out.
    1. Found the "objects.db" file, but unable to open it with an SQLite GUI interface. Never been able to extract any data from the file
    2. This looked very promising until I realized it could only export a couple hundred messages at a time. I have an estimated 56K messages over 2 and a half years, so it would meaning running the script possible hundreds of times with about 3 minutes of time for each run. That becomes an unreasonable amount of time AND it still only gives me the messages in JSON which means I would have to take more time to convert them to something readable. I'd rather pay $300.
    3. "Copy all" works fine but does not capture time or date of the converstaion and does not delinate where one message ends and the other begins or who was the sender or reciever.
    4. Save/Restore no longer works for the messagine app in WebOS 2.1 and later.
    Did you find a solution? Maybe I have some time this week to build a basic app that can export the stuff from the database into a text file with one line per message and the fields seperated by tabulators, which should make it easy for excel to import that file.

Which datafields would one need for a text message? Is there more than timestamp, receiver, sender, message?
    I'll have a look at the database with impostah...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast