1.    #1  
    okay I've been searching for months on this forum for this particular issue. Either I'm not using the RIGHT keywords or no one else is having this problem.

I would go to a restaurant or other place that has Wi-Fi. My iphone/android buddies are able to 'see' the network and connect; but, my Pre3 doesn't 'see' it.

is there anything I can do to my phone so that I can see it? I had the same problem with my pre plus.
    Just turning on wifi allows me to detect all the wifi hotspots reachable around me.
    Assuming that you have wifi on... tried running the diagnostics ?
    Did see a patch on Preware; looks like 2.2.4 introduced some issues? What version you running?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    2.2.4 introduced the issue of disconnects for some people. It seems to be related to dhcp client configuration... it is not so much the issue of initial connection.

But I've also seen very poor WiFi signal strength (at least what it shows in the top bar) with my Pre3. I think it was better with webOs 2.2.0... but I'm not really sure about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    2.2.4 introduced the issue of disconnects for some people. It seems to be related to dhcp client configuration... it is not so much the issue of initial connection.

But I've also seen very poor WiFi signal strength (at least what it shows in the top bar) with my Pre3. I think it was better with webOs 2.2.0... but I'm not really sure about that.
    There is a thread about the Pre3 WiFi strength... worst WiFi out of all my webOS devices by far.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    With my phone, there is definitely some interference between the bluetooth and wifi and I tend to only use one or the other. If wifi and bluetooth is on at the same time the headphone will occasionally disconnect or have pauses - totally great without.

If on occasion i can't see a wifi base that I know is there, usually turning off the wifi then on again solves the problem....
    I might have to try turning off BT to see if that helps my wifi.... my wifi is horrible, causing a data usage spike.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Just turning on wifi allows me to detect all the wifi hotspots reachable around me.
    sorry for delay in responding.
    yes. Wifi was on. So there is diagnostic tool for the phone that can identify why other iphones/androids pick up wifi but not the pre?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crayolarocks View Post
    Did see a patch on Preware; looks like 2.2.4 introduced some issues? What version you running?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    running 2.2.4... Install wifi patch... Did not fix it. Another problem I have ... Can't stay connected at home. Other wireless devices in home have no problem... Bluray, kindles, laptops, ok. Only pre3 keeps dropping.
  10.    #10  
    another example of not seeing a wifi ssid when my iphone/android buddies can occurs frequently - go to WEIGHT WATCHERS everyone with Wi-Fi able to connect except me. I've turned wifi on/off with not being found.
    I have the same problem, ver att 2.2.3 didn't showed that problem. Maybe is an error introduced on ver 2.2.4 as result of power consumption of that vrrsion
    Quote Originally Posted by andresigno View Post
    I have the same problem, ver att 2.2.3 didn't showed that problem. Maybe is an error introduced on ver 2.2.4 as result of power consumption of that vrrsion
    In general it's a Pre3 issue. Pre2 and Veer don't exhibit this issue.
    It's the wifi daemon (likely the pre3 uses a different wifi chipset compared to pre2 and veer).

The easiest solution would be to extract it from a 2.2.x doctor and substitute it with the one on the phone