1.    #1  
    Dear all,
    since the beginning I am using my Pre3, I couldn't make the maps works, it always said that "my position is unavailable", already tried some apps in catalog or preware but still didn't work. Looks like my GPS is not function properly, any idea how to make it works?

also I would like to purchase paid apps, either in app catalog or preware but, I couldn't purchase it, is it because I live in the country that not supported by HP? if it's true, what should I do to my Pre3, so I could purchase paid apps?? FYI, I activate the Pre3 here in my country by using non ATT sim card..

really appreciated for your help guys
  2. c4r
    Have you gone into 'Location Services' and enabled it? I was having the same 'location unavailable' error. I had to accept the Google T&C thing and then it all worked.
    The App Catalog is locked to the country you were the moment you turned on the phone with a simcard inside. Only way around was to use Impostah, but can be done only with a new phone...

I think you have 2 options now :

1) find someone with a Touchpad, and ask him to make a webos account for you, to access a specific app catalog. Apparently using such account would allow a phone to actually access that specific app catalog.

2) Contact the HP-Webos support and beg to change the country - catalog. They could agree (note , they're not obligated to, and probably they would allow it only once)
  4.    #4  
    @C4R & Mazzinia, thanks bro..will update as soon I find it works..thanks guys
    As for the maps bit: the official Maps app using Bing doesn't seem to work overseas when using GPS (i'm based in Japan).
    However I'm using google maps via the browser and location was working fine. Would like a proper app tho... What do other people use?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by crayolarocks View Post
    As for the maps bit: the official Maps app using Bing doesn't seem to work overseas when using GPS (i'm based in Japan).
    However I'm using google maps via the browser and location was working fine. Would like a proper app tho... What do other people use?

mhmm..I disagree, I use Pre3 also outside US, thanks to the guys here , finally I can use it !
    GPS works with official map
    Quote Originally Posted by clouds_9 View Post
    mhmm..I disagree, I use Pre3 also outside US, thanks to the guys here , finally I can use it !
    GPS works with official map
    Did you do any patch/tweak to get GPS on Maps working?

8.    #8  
    I didnt use any tweaks..only use native maps app & dont forget to turn on GPS
    dial #*477# to entry GPS fix, only do this for first time..after u get ur GPS fix, open map