Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djind
  1.    #1  
    Hi i'm Rohit and i'm new to this site and i'm from India...

So here's my quick question shall i go for the pre 3? I'm in a dilemma whether to get it or not?

I'have never used any palm device before...

So i have these questions running in my mind...

Does it have a gorilla glass?

Does it have any performance issues??

How is the battery life?

Does hp provide international warranty?

Basically i loved the webOS interface and form factor of the phone....

I can get it around for around 250 pounds(Rs 16,800 in my local currency)...

Pls clarify my doubts and let me know if its worth buying(out of curiosity i'm asking these questions)...

P.S. sorry for my bad english...
    The Pre 3 is definitely worth it if you can use it on your carrier, make sure to get the Euro one. The only catch you need to worry about is like most producers the warranty is only good for the region so the Euro or NA Pre3 warranty will not be supported in other regions like your Still worth it IMO.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    The Pre 3 is definitely worth it if you can use it on your carrier, make sure to get the Euro one. The only catch you need to worry about is like most producers the warranty is only good for the region so the Euro or NA Pre3 warranty will not be supported in other regions like your Still worth it IMO.
    i can only get the at&t version(unlocked)...
    You will also find this thread helpful.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    You will also find this thread helpful.
    I'have seen but some of my questions are still unanswered...
    Have been using Pre 3 for the past 8 months, very nice cute gadget
    Used HD2 and iPhone .. but I liked Pre 3 a lot...
    Hopefully Android gets on to it
    My WebOS Wealth:
    TouchPads :
    * AT&T32GB, 4S - UNLOCKED!!!! (total 5 of these, all with Android 4.4.4
    * Touchpad GO with WebOS (total 3 of these, trying to get android on these... but how?)
    Pre 3: Three of AT&T Pre 3s, One Verizon Pre 3
    Want to sell any of the above for a good price(Just want to keep one go if I get android on them)
    I am using my at&t Pre 3 on the at&t network in the US and from what I've read in here performance varies depending on networks and between models (at&t version and the UK version) so my experiences may vary from others.

1. HP specs don't specify Gorilla Glass but it is scratch resistant.

2. With the 2.2.4 update performance is great, no issues with freeze ups and reboots for me.

3. Since the 2.2.4 update battery life for me has been great, I can go a full day with moderate use and still have 50% or more left. If you are going to keep the screen lit and surfing the net or playing games for long periods then you will have to recharge your phone.

4. No international warranty and if you break something like the glass screen you are out of luck (I purchased a backup when prices were low).

5. I love my pre 3 and plan on keeping it for a least a couple of years.

Anyways, hope this helps you out. Maybe if you state what location/network you plan to use your Pre 3 in someone from that area using a Pre 3 can jump in and give you their opinions on their user experiences.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I am using my at&t Pre 3 on the at&t network in the US and from what I've read in here performance varies depending on networks and between models (at&t version and the UK version) so my experiences may vary from others.

1. HP specs don't specify Gorilla Glass but it is scratch resistant.

2. With the 2.2.4 update performance is great, no issues with freeze ups and reboots for me.

3. Since the 2.2.4 update battery life for me has been great, I can go a full day with moderate use and still have 50% or more left. If you are going to keep the screen lit and surfing the net or playing games for long periods then you will have to recharge your phone.

4. No international warranty and if you break something like the glass screen you are out of luck (I purchased a backup when prices were low).

5. I love my pre 3 and plan on keeping it for a least a couple of years.

Anyways, hope this helps you out. Maybe if you state what location/network you plan to use your Pre 3 in someone from that area using a Pre 3 can jump in and give you their opinions on their user experiences.
    ... What he said.

As for batteries, keep in mind you can also now purchase a new extended-life Pre 3 battery from Mugen: HP Pre 3 - HP.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    What they said. :-)

Battery life is good. I use my pre3 a lot and can't remember it ever running empty since I got it. (sometimes happened with my pre-)

Get a second Touchstone for your place of work and battery life becomes a non-issue.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  10.    #10  
    Thank you for all your valuable replies...
    its a nice phone but if blackberry had milan or london available i would be gone. But the open source playout will be fun too and is another reason to stay!
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    from what I heard , folks had issues with the Veer. I sent couple of unlocked Veers to my buddy. They seemed to work fine. Check the GSM frequencies and HSPDA + on you carrier.
    other than the frequency its a great phone. I have ATT one, which I am going use soon.
    If you don't care about the apps, then go for it. The interface is just great. For me, it's either webOS or BlackBerry 10. It's just waiting to see if webOS can have that support iOS and Android are enjoying right now. If not, I am sure RIM is investing enough to have those apps we all desperately need and want.. Yes they stole lots from webOS, but if HP is just sitting around for the others to say hi and bye.. Well, I have already said hi..
    rohitr likes this.
  14.    #14  
    Hey one quick question...

Can this phone support java apps? Like Nokia s40 devices?
    the pre3 is my favorite phone I have ever had.. But that has no bearing on what your asking for really. I'm a fan of the sliding keyboard w/ a touchscreen & beautiful interface..

The lack of apps is the worst thing about webOS.. Speed w/ the device slows if you keep it on a long time.. Just needs a re-boot once every two weeks or so.

the Pre3 seems to last longer then my crappy *** blackberry (work phone)

to me, you buy the pre3 if you wanna show you have a phone no one else does kinda makes it special.
    This is my 2nd Pre 3, I unfortunately messed up my SIM slot by removing a SIM micro adapter. Luckily someone on here traded me an AT&T Pre 3 for a TouchPad and I am so happy that I am back to using my Pre 3.

The Pre 3 is the almost perfect Pre. It's super fast even without any overclocking kernels. The amount of apps doesn;t compare to the big guys, but there are a ton of apps available that should suit your needs.

They keyboard IMO is the perfect keyboard. I thought the Treo 755p was the best QWERTY keyboard, but the Pre 3's keyboard is just the right size and you've got to try it to feel how great it is.

Another reason to get the Pre 3 is that even if HP doesn't support it you can bet that the wonderful webOS developer community will keep making all our devices better.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Lack of medical apps and issues with free tether which I routinely use with my pre2 to access medical apps on my iPod touch are the main roadblocks for the pre3 for me.
    My Pre3 works good with "WLAN-Hotspot" which I had on all my webOs Phones. What was the reason why people don't get that in US? Are the reasons still valid for the Pre3? Can't you get WLAN-Hotspot from apptuckerbox?