Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    The Pre3 is not for me. I like having at least manufacturer's warranty for 1 year, and not spending $300+ for a phone...
    Buying this device upfront - any phone actually - is a steal, compared to paying much more by subsidizing over two or three years.

    I would go for a new Pre2 and use that until Open webOS 1 is out and then see if that'll port to good hardware. 8 months will go quick!
    Not a bad idea if you'd like to have webOS on top-notch hardware (imagine that on an LG 3x or Galaxy S3 ). But that is no better than a wild dream because we do not know how things will pan out. We were given a roadmap for Open webOS but we know how roadmaps work and we know who we're dealing with. The Pre2 is still solid, but the Pre3 is even more of an upgrade from the Pre- that zeushunt already had.

    If the device is available and its still attractive after your research, then you know what to do. Get it for what it can do NOW; not in a future thats not guaranteed.
  2. jdale's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #22  
    I have no regrets about upgrading to a Pre3. I still have my Pre-, use it only for testing.
  3. #23  
    I like my pre3 so much that I bought a second one just to make sure I have a backup in case the first one gets destroyed.

    Unless one is dependant on some apps that are only available for other platforms this is the best (IMHO) smartphone on the market.

    Support by HP is not great obviously - but better than expected after they cancelled the hardware.
    And homebrew/this-forum support is excellent.

    If you liked your Pre then you will be very happy with the Pre3. Its better in every way (screen, resolution, build quality, keyboard, speed, battery, etc...) with one little and hardly relevant exception: The opening of the case.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    I like my pre3 so much that I bought a second one just to make sure I have a backup in case the first one gets destroyed.

    Unless one is dependant on some apps that are only available for other platforms this is the best (IMHO) smartphone on the market.

    Support by HP is not great obviously - but better than expected after they cancelled the hardware.
    And homebrew/this-forum support is excellent.

    If you liked your Pre then you will be very happy with the Pre3. Its better in every way (screen, resolution, build quality, keyboard, speed, battery, etc...) with one little and hardly relevant exception: The opening of the case.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    what do you mean hp support -- i purchased the warranty from square trade because i could not find a way to register my pre 3, did you call and talk to someone to register with hp or how did you do it? (purchased pre 3 unopened on ebay) thanks in advance
  5.    #25  
    Good News Boyz and Girls...Ladies and GentleMen.. Got Pre3 UK Unlocked.

    I am Back WebOS
    Last edited by zeushunt; 02/11/2012 at 09:48 AM.
    suprolla and BBooDad like this.
  6. #26  
    Enjoy!
  7. BBooDad's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    #27  
    I put my Pre3 aside to get a Android Droid3 a couple months ago for medical apps I need.

    The Droid3 is a good Android I am sure... but a pain in the #ss to use compared to my Pre3

    Today I reactivated my Pre3 and the Droid3 is just getting used for the medical apps as a "mini tablet".

    The camera is better, the user experience is better, and the quality is similar. OS is actually usually a little snappier on the Pre3, as the Droid3 starts to lag horribly unless rebooted daily.

    As to battery, check out the webosnation.com homepage for the article on extended life batteries. I have one coming myself.

    Good Luck!
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
  8. #28  
    Hey guys, i'm New to this forum.

    I'm a Smartphonejunkie and Need very often a New toy to Play.
    I had a iPhone as my Main device, as my Second device i changed between HD2, N900, pre2, htc Desire, htc trophy etc.


    But now i want a New Main device for a couple of month. I followed the Wohle HP Crash and because of a pre2 , i'm very amazed about webos. So i want to buy a Pre3. But i have some questions

    # is there an App. Development in Feature?
    # could Open Source Webos mean a quicker App. Development ?
    # is there a Good Navigation Solution ?
    # i could get an pre3 for 150 (2 Weeks in use) is this a Good Price?
    # are there any Apps to stream from my pc via dlna
    # are These preware and patches a nice way to customize the pre a Little bit and Tweak it up?


    Sorry for my Bad english but i'm from Austria gg
  9. carldc's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blumma View Post
    So i want to buy a Pre3. But i have some questions

    # is there an App. Development in Feature?
    # could Open Source Webos mean a quicker App. Development ?
    # is there a Good Navigation Solution ?
    # i could get an pre3 for 150 (2 Weeks in use) is this a Good Price?
    # are there any Apps to stream from my pc via dlna
    # are These preware and patches a nice way to customize the pre a Little bit and Tweak it up?
    If you have the money, I highly recommend you get the Pre 3. There are many threads on here filled with happy owners! I'll try to address some of your concerns. There are others on here who are MUCH more knowledgeable than me, though. I'm sure you'll hear from some of them here.
    • First, I'm not sure what you mean by "App. Development in Feature", but I can say that there are almost 7000 apps for the Pre 3. There is an active development community here -- I'm sure you'll hear from some of them.
    • Next, as for open source -- let's hope so! Again, others can address this better than I can.
    • Next, for navigation -- mmmmaybe. Ndrive has been in beta testing since the beginning of time, but there is no official release in sight. It seems the testers posting on here like it a lot, so let's hope it comes out soon. there is also Navit, which IS available. It seems to be good, too, but I haven't really used it, so I'll let others comment. Of course, if you can live without turn-by-turn voice, good old Bing Maps is useful enough.
    • Next, 150 (approx. $200) sounds like a great price, even for one used for a couple of weeks (as long as it's not damaged).
    • Next, I don't know about DLNA options, so I'll let others comment. There ARE a couple of remote apps.
    • Lastly, Preware and patches...YES and YES. They are what set webOS apart from all other OSs. The FIRST thing you should do when you get your Pre 3 is install Preware (see: http://www.webosnation.com/how-insta...bos-smartphone). That's when the fun begins!

    Happy motoring!
    -carldc

    m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
  10. #30  
    App. Development Feature is an spelling mistake from my iPad gg
    It should mean App. Development in furure. If the Development of New Apps still goes on

    A navigation is a Must have for me because i Need it for work and sparetime.

    Thank you for your answers
  11. #31  
    Hey guys, i'm New to this forum.

    I'm a Smartphonejunkie and Need very often a New toy to Play.
    I had a iPhone as my Main device, as my Second device i changed between HD2, N900, pre2, htc Desire, htc trophy etc.


    But now i want a New Main device for a couple of month. I followed the Wohle HP Crash and because of a pre2 , i'm very amazed about webos. So i want to buy a Pre3. But i have some questions

    # is there an App. Development in Feature?
    # could Open Source Webos mean a quicker App. Development ?
    # is there a Good Navigation Solution ?
    # i could get an pre3 for 150€ (2 Weeks in use) is this a Good Price?
    # are there any Apps to stream from my pc via dlna
    # are These preware and patches a nice way to customize the pre a Little bit and Tweak it up?


    Sorry for my Bad english but i'm from Austria gg
    I stream movies, music and pictures with play station streamer. Kamelsoft media player. Bhome and a couple others in the catalog
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerwenger View Post
    ... I found a Verizon Pre3 for $100 ...

    How in the world did you score that? Can you share your source?
  13. #33  
    On thursday i will get my Pre3

    I'm very happy to get a New Roy with this amazing OS

    I Hope i will have Fun

    Are there any Basic Apps to Start with
  14. Balooz's Avatar
    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #34  
    I (sigh) broke down and got a HPre3. Sadly I didn't want to spend the overpriced amount set forth on ebay, but I've done so and shall receive one for ATT on Monday or so. I've been wanting one since being announced. (damnit)
  15. #35  
    Balooz, which provider are you going to go with?
  16. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #36  
    wow , looks like the folks here are actually hunting Pre3s on ebay.
    Good luck guys.
  17. #37  
    As soon as I can afford one, I'm going to be all in on a Pre3 purchase!

    I'm still on my gen1 Sprint Pre and my contract ends in another 15 days or so. I'm just going to go month-to-month indefinately, because I simply refuse to make the OS comprimise on true multi-tasking, notifications and everything else webOS does better than everyone else.

    My wife had a Pre, but decided to move on the iPhone 4s. I somewhat reluctantly, but open-mindedly, tried it out. Fantastic camera, snappy and responsive, but I'm too big a slave to multi-tasking and super-convenient notifications to make the switch.

    I tried an Android device and, I must admit, never gave it half-a-chance. Perhaps I'll go back and try again. But after hearing the sales person trumpet what I already know to be true (that nothing at all compares to webOS), I just folded my hand and made my exit.

    I seriously don't want to go to a carrier that charges a bunch of money for data (I'm with Sprint now and still have the grand-fathered unlimited data pack). But I think I'd rather do that (jump ship) than settle for a phone that I won't be happy with.

    I've paid $300+ for phones before (Palm Treo), so this is really not a huge deal. I'm just gonna have to stomach the hefty monthly data rate of a different carrier, that's all.
    Last edited by Renderhaus; 02/16/2012 at 10:16 AM.
  18. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    As soon as I can afford one, I'm going to be all in on a Pre3 purchase!

    I'm still on my gen1 Sprint Pre and my contract ends in another 15 days or so. I'm just going to go month-to-month indefinately, because I simply refuse to make the OS comprimise on true multi-tasking, notifications and everything else webOS does better than everyone else.

    My wife had a Pre, but decided to move on the iPhone 4s. I somewhat reluctantly, but open-mindedly, tried it out. Fantastic camera, snappy and responsive, but I'm too big a slave to multi-tasking and super-convenient notifications to make the switch.

    I tried an Android device and, I must admit, never gave it half-a-chance. Perhaps I'll go back and try again. But after hearing the sales person trumpet what I already know to be true (that nothing at all compares to webOS), I just folded my hand and made my exit.

    I seriously don't want to go to a carrier that charges a bunch of money for data (I'm with Sprint now and still have the grand-fathered unlimited data pack). But I think I'd rather do that (jump ship) than settle for a phone that I won't be happy with.

    I've paid $300+ for phones before (Palm Treo), so this is really not a huge deal. I'm just gonna have to stomach the hefty monthly data rate of a different carrier, that's all.
    Jump the ship. You will not be disappointed.Pre 3 is great.
    We have the same situation with Sprint. Family plan, two Pre-'s. Wife wants another webOS phone may be Pre2. I can't stand any other phone for the simple fact that they suck at multi tasking. Fortunately we can jump the ship because Sprint recently changed their plans for folks who are on family unlimited data plan ( $129.99). Earlier they used to give employee discount on $ 129.99 now they are splitting the plan money into $ 110.00 and $19.99. The discount goes to the $110.00. So they changed the contract which will let us jump the ship.

    Its tough to get out, I am a long loyal sprint customer of 13 years. But they never got the Pre2, they never improved the service in the area I live (DC Metro). It became worse after the iPhone. Its gotten to a point that I have to say enough of Sprint service. It will cost me more than $ 400 per year on ATT for a comparable plan. But I think its worth it. Right now I am testing the T Mo unlimited Prepaid plan on Pre 3. I am only getting EDGE speeds but the voice signal is much stronger than Sprint. No call drops in places where Sprint just dies.

    Its either ATT with 2Gig data or H2O for me. I wish H2O gave option to add data once the 1 G expires.
  19. #39  
    I just bought myself a Pre 3. I've been wanting one for a while, so I finally bit the bullet and got it. I have my Pre- still going strong. Should take about a week to ship it to Canada. I'm excited! I just need to figure out how to get it to work with my current contract with Bell... Which I have a year and a half left to go.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    wow , looks like the folks here are actually hunting Pre3s on ebay.
    Good luck guys.
    can you pass that on to HP.

    gave my pre 2 to my daughter and have a pre3. looking for another just incase this one dies. have played with my wife's iphone 4s and despite the tones of apps I find i a pain to use when used to webos.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions