Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 2 Post By Loiter
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi, I got the Pre3 at christmas and I'm loving it. I'd like to know whether anyone elses Pre3 is like mine before I go and contact Carphone Warehouse for the second time.

When the slider is shut and the QWERTY keyboard is away. The screen slightly moves when you press on any corner. Also, when the slider is up and the keyboard is showing, the screen rocks. Like a seasaw almost.

I took that phone into Carphone Warehouse and they agreed to replace it for me. Although, the new phone has exactly the same problem as if it's the same phone they've sent back.

Does anyone elses HP Pre3 phone do this and is it just the way it's made? Or should I go see them again?
    How much rocking are we talking here?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    webOS sliders are not the most stable in the world, so a bit of "rocking" is normal.
    It depends on how much rocking you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    webOS sliders are not the most stable in the world, so a bit of "rocking" is normal.
    It depends on how much rocking you are talking about.
    FIXED that for ya.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Kimboo likes this.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    To be honest the slider in my Pre2 is the least stable from all the slider-phones I've used.
    When I first got it, I thought it was defective. Huge difference from my previous phone.
    But yes, this format is the most prone to defects. What defect could an iPhone have with its shape?
    Oh, I forgot. You're holding it wrong.
    OldSkoolVWLover and Kimboo like this.