1.    #1  
    Just had my Verizon Pre 2 screen crack and there seem to be no repair options out there (other than pay hp $199). I am considering upgrading to the Pre 3 but its expensive and I was very satisfied with the Pre 2.

Any of you guys who have used the Pre 3 a while think its worth it? Are the bugs too annoying? Pre 2s are fairly cheap and Verizon Pre 3s are well... not. I'd love the bigger screen but other than that, I just want a reliable well built webOS device. IS it it worth the cash to go up to a Pre 3?

Thanks!
    As far as bugs go, I've had none with my at&t Pre 3, just an awesome phone IMO. But if you are happy with the size and functionality of the Pre 2, personally to me it doesn't make sense for the big jump in price to upgrade to the Pre 3.
    its good with App Tuckerbox now...I was quite peeved at first with the lack of apps from previous webOS versions.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    If you're happy and familiar with the pre 2, I'd say stay there. HOWEVER, I can say that I made a similar leap (though from a Pre- in all honesty) and I never regretted it one bit. The Pre 3's screen is MUCH better among other things, and the phone is STILL more compact than most phones (espec. all those Android 'mini-tablets'!). It has the same 'pebble' shape as earlier Pres, so I guarantee it will be comfortable in your hand.

I guess you can tell by now what I'd do in your situation!
    On ATT, I loved my Pre2, but when the Pre3 prices came down near the Pre2 I made the jump and love my Pre3. Of course, I didn't have to pay VZW prices for my Pre3 though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    in a heartbeat. Pre 3 best phone I've used . I mean best phone as well as best webOS .
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modelnet View Post
    in a heartbeat. Pre 3 best phone I've used . I mean best phone as well as best webOS .
    +1

The screen makes a big difference in readability and you get skype video with the front facing camera. If you're on Verizon, it's the first webOS phone that I had no GPS issues.

On the downside...

I'm still strugging to find a soft case like I got with my Pre Plus and used for my Pre 2 that fits the Pre 3.

I lost my free Mobile Hotspot and Freetether has some quirks on the Pre 3.

Batteries can be found, but they are expensive compared to the $5 batteries for the Pre 2.

The touchstone needs some modifications to hold the Pre 3 snugly. I'm still drooling over that audio touchstone that never was.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I'm still strugging to find a soft case like I got with my Pre Plus and used for my Pre 2 that fits the Pre 3.
    I use a generic BB case I got back when I had my original Pre in the Sprint Pre hard case. Top of the phone sticks out maybe 1/4 of an inch at it's highest, not enough that you even see the speaker.

I got the case for under $10 at my local frys.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...