1.    #1  
    I wanted to get an unlocked Pre 3 and put it on thee Sprint CDMA Network. Is there anyway possible I could do that?
    Here we go again...

We all wish but the short answer is no.
    Yes, I've got one.
    Send $1000 to my PayPal address yesthereare@stupidquestions.com and it's yours.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:31 PM.
    The reason you can do this with a gsm pre 2 is because the comm board is a simple swap-in with the old pre- comm board. This is possible because the pre2 came out in both a GSM and CDMA version.

From what I understand, the pre3 uses a totally different architecture and parts, thus invaliding the possibility that this could ever happen. The phone was never set up to accept a CDMA board and never will be.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by josephtheebest View Post
    I wanted to get an unlocked Pre 3 and put it on thee Sprint CDMA Network. Is there anyway possible I could do that?
    Don't let 'em get you down... but they're right. Aint gonna happen.

Your best bet is to do what a lot of us did -- ditch Sprint and go with at&t or Verizon. I can tell you from personal experience that the switch from a Sprint Pre- to an at&t Pre 3 was WELL worth it. Nothing against Sprint. They were all right, but so far I'm fine with at&t, too.

The Pre 3 is GREAT -- and I'm SAVING money. No unlimited data, but with WiFi, I'm WELL below the 2Gb limit (and I consider myself a relatively heavy data user!). I DO miss free Sprint TV and Nav, though. For TV, Flash helps somewhat (for example, you can watch some live video on the Watch|ESPN site). For nav, there's Navit -- and we're all hopeful for a fully-functional nDrive.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)