1.    #1  
    When I got my Pre 3 I copied over my old photos from my pre2 to the phone, and for a little while when I took a new photo it would be as usual the first photo in the photo app.

Now for whatever reason, new photos end up half way down the list of all my photos, and when I tap the preview with the camera app open it will go to and older photo which is at the top of the photo app.

I tried first the improved naming patches, and then removing them but the issue is still there. is there a way around this?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I know , I know , some many lines of code I guess its a fix that might be due in some future update, (meg willing). It may be some patch messing with it. But sorry no help but I feel it too.
  3.    #3  
    bump
    My app Slide Master will allow you to custom sort your photo albums. If the Media Indexer is able to pick up a date from the photos, you'll be able to sort by date as well.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    My app Slide Master will allow you to custom sort your photo albums. If the Media Indexer is able to pick up a date from the photos, you'll be able to sort by date as well.
    while that is nice, I would prefer just a fix for the native app.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    When I got my Pre 3 I copied over my old photos from my pre2 to the phone, and for a little while when I took a new photo it would be as usual the first photo in the photo app.

Now for whatever reason, new photos end up half way down the list of all my photos, and when I tap the preview with the camera app open it will go to and older photo which is at the top of the photo app.

I tried first the improved naming patches, and then removing them but the issue is still there. is there a way around this?
    I think this is the same problem I had when transferring the photos from my Centro to the Pre3. What you have to do is move all your Pre2 transferred photos into a folder on the USB partition that ISN'T under DCIM. The Photos App will still find them anywhere on your USB partition. DCIM/100PALM is the folder used by the camera app to sort photos taken on the device and you shouldn't transfer old photos to it as it causes sorting issues.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I have the same issue as the OP except all my photos where taken on the device, nothing transfered from another resource. It is a little annoying especially when looking at a sequence of pictures and then having a random photo appear. Is there no patch that sorts this on the Pre3?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums