1.    #1  
    I know the pre3 was never released for verizon but is there anywhere other than like ebay and classified sections on here to get a pre3? I am looking for one but would rather not go the ebay route if I didn't have to.
    You could try using a site that searches all of Craigslist, but to be honest, eBay and the classifieds here on the forum are going to be your best bet.
    Definitely eBay or these forums. But I don't see many people here who've managed to procure a VZW Pre3 being readily willing to part with it.

To eBay!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I have an extra, PM me with an offer after you've had a chance to review recent ebay sales, etc. I accidentally won three auctions and love it so much I am keeping one as a spare. The third is unopened.

Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Try craigslist in the bay area (SF). That's where all the Pre3s were being sold when HP employees were buying them up by the dozens. Luckily, I had a friend in the bay area who was willing to meet the seller at Starbucks for my ATT Pre3. I do see a Ver Pre3 on sale right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    I have an extra, PM me with an offer after you've had a chance to review recent ebay sales, etc. I accidentally won three auctions and love it so much I am keeping one as a spare. The third is unopened.

Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    How is the GPS function with a Pre3 on Verizon? I have a Pre+ and have always wrestled with getting a good GPS signal and function.

BTW...GO BOISE STATE! The most underappreciated (by the BCS) great team in College Football today!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

see my signature below, you may find one... :-)
    My WebOS Wealth:
    TouchPads :
    * AT&T32GB, 4S - UNLOCKED!!!! (total 5 of these, all with Android 4.4.4
    * Touchpad GO with WebOS (total 3 of these, trying to get android on these... but how?)
    Pre 3: Three of AT&T Pre 3s, One Verizon Pre 3
    Want to sell any of the above for a good price(Just want to keep one go if I get android on them)
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    How is the GPS function with a Pre3 on Verizon? I have a Pre+ and have always wrestled with getting a good GPS signal and function.

BTW...GO BOISE STATE! The most underappreciated (by the BCS) great team in College Football today!
    Hi Rockbeast - the GPS is WAY better on the Pre 3 than it ever was on my Pre 2 or Pre+. I can actually use location aware apps (no more excuses to not use FitTrack and walk more hahaha).

It is a wonderful phone. I used to be lured by the 4G phones released practically every week on Verizon since getting LTE in Boise last June, but now that I have the Pre 3 I don't care about speed since I have usability

I enjoy an excuse to wear Orange but stay out of the BCS debates that are non-stop! Go Broncos!

Clarice
    I just bought my pre3 Verizon for $423 shipped on ebay. You need to be patient with the ebay system and place your order in a timely manor.

Good luck.
    I finally activated my pre3 vz thru pageplus yesterday. It is great. 'Show Property' indicates the phone is unlocked for sim. I yet have to try if I can use my tmo sim on it.

That is one on ebay for $499 shipped. I think it is a bit overpriced.

Good luck.