1.    #1  
    I need to go abroad for a couple of weeks and don't want to take my Pre3 with me so I'd like to copy/sync my present Pre3 Palm profile (contacs, calendar, post-its...) to my currently unused-but-somehow-still-working Pre, how would you go on about it without screwing things up?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  2.    #2  
    I switched on my Pre after a while I hadn't used it and for some reason it lost my Palm profile and since I'm already signed with my Palm profile on another phone (my Pre3 in fact) it says I should back up data and so on... what's HIS problem? I don't get it. Anyone using two Palms at the same time can clarify this to me pls? I'm just not getting it.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Indeed.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:25 PM.
    You can only be signed into your webOS profile on a single phone at a time. If you sign into your Pre (from your Pre3) it will wipe the other device, so perform a backup first, and save anything you want off of your USB partition (just in case) before signing into the second phone. When you want to switch back, simply sign into the profile on the Pre3 and it will wipe the old phone.

It's been a long time since I've done it, but I believe you can simply turn off your Pre3 (to prevent it from logging back into the profile and wiping it's data) and log into the older phone. Once you want to switch back, you can go online to your Palm Profile and delete the older phone's profile before turning your Pre3 back on. At least I think that's what I remember doing... Othewise, there are several threads about the same question posted in the forums.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/29/2012 at 05:00 AM.
    This page may help: StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals