Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I know the FB app isnt perfect, when I used to get notifications from a specific group, selecting them would open up the browser and load the full facebook website. However now for some reason when I tap these notifications, either nothing happens, or an error occurs saying "cannot display local files"

    Anyone know why this is happening all of a sudden, and how to fix it. (as otherwise I can't access the full facebook website, as it redirects to the mobile site)
  2. #2  
    using app tuckerbox, get the tablet FB app. notifications work in the app itslef, and the app is better than the mojo one IMO
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I know the FB app isnt perfect, when I used to get notifications from a specific group, selecting them would open up the browser and load the full facebook website. However now for some reason when I tap these notifications, either nothing happens, or an error occurs saying "cannot display local files"

    Anyone know why this is happening all of a sudden, and how to fix it. (as otherwise I can't access the full facebook website, as it redirects to the mobile site)
    I've been getting this too, since the 2.2.4 update I think. It's always been a pain having to open the browser version for group and event posts, but this makes it even more annoying.
    using app tuckerbox, get the tablet FB app. notifications work in the app itslef, and the app is better than the mojo one IMO
    Are there any downsides to the Touchpad app?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I've been getting this too, since the 2.2.4 update I think. It's always been a pain having to open the browser version for group and event posts, but this makes it even more annoying.

    Are there any downsides to the Touchpad app?
    It doesnt work that well, pressing notifications does not do anything, and the formatting is a tad off.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I've been getting this too, since the 2.2.4 update I think. It's always been a pain having to open the browser version for group and event posts, but this makes it even more annoying.

    Are there any downsides to the Touchpad app?
    Yeah, it sucks. Some things are better, but it is more buggy.
  6. #6  
    my facebook tablet app works fine, notifications open in the app, and its faster and more stable than the default IMO. But some seem to be worse off, so its up to you
  7. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    using app tuckerbox, get the tablet FB app. notifications work in the app itslef, and the app is better than the mojo one IMO
    That's interesting. The Touchpad FB app is pretty good.
    Is it running smoothly on the phone?
  8. #8  
    yh, really nicely on my phone. Only startup takes time, but about the same time as original app
  9. Barebuns's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #9  
    I've been having this same issue on my Pre + 1.4.5 for several weeks. In addition, around the same time, I noticed many people that post replies to comments, etc. now show up as anonymous user.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Barebuns View Post
    I've been having this same issue on my Pre + 1.4.5 for several weeks. In addition, around the same time, I noticed many people that post replies to comments, etc. now show up as anonymous user.
    Yep, same behavior using the same version.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  11. #11  
    Is there a way for Facebook for TP to show all post in the groups subscribed? Or is it just me that I can't view anything from the groups even though there's notification about new posts in groups?
  12. #12  
    same cannot display local files

    nice to know it's not just me

    ill give the tp fb version a shot
    the tp version of quickoffice also works well too fyi
  13. #13  
    Until recently I haven't really used my facebook app on my Pre+. But now that I have started using it, I noticed that it won't display photos. If I get a notification that someone commented on one of my photos, and I tap that notification, it goes to a black screen with a dark grey "X" on it. If I use the back gesture I get a black page with 'placeholders' for the photos in that album, but no photos show up. Is this just the way it is, or is something wrong...or am I just dreaming?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  14. #14  
    I've had that occasionally, but not recently.
  15. #15  
    Turn off secure http in your facebook options
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Turn off secure http in your facebook options
    What are you trying to do? Solve my problems? Thanks, that worked.

    What does that mean to my security using FB now? Am I in danger of having all my deep dark secrets out there for the whole world to see? You know they were planning on making a 'made for TV movie' about my life...but then Hillybilly Handfishin' came out and, well, it seemed anti-climatic then.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Posting Permissions