Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    hello all zclash here again lol

okay this has been happening more and more recently
    I will leave my phone down to rest during the night with it at maybe 70% charge left so no need to plug it in...
    when I awake in the morning I find it to be shut off completely so bad that even me holding the power button down will not turn it on (it is not the battery being dead because) I have to remove the back cover off and pull the battery and reboot. And it will continue to work fine.
    now this happens maybe 3 times a week ''/ this is no bueno!

thoughts of mine are maybe some patches or the way I have the phone undervolted/overclocked...
    I will mess with these setting and get back.

I am just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues?
  2. vao
    its already discused in Report Pre3 bugs here.
    I suspect wifi connection from this freezing esspecialy wifi n mode. When i change to 2G mode and manualy select operator and use wifi only in b/g mode, i have no problem in week with high battery drain or "freeze". Before even after doctor with no patches and app i have freeze.
    And you dont need remove the battery just hold turn on, volume up and about 3x chnage mute slider and release.
    I have had this before on my Pre+ and With the standard kernel on the Pre3.
    I think it might be because of the the voltage being to low when it sleeps, therefore it shuts down.
    Maybe try changing the lower voltage to a little higher. It has that problem on 2.2.4 on pre+.

Hope this helps!!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    I second the Wifi N issue. I notice from time to time that the wireless connection would fail to grab an IP address from the router. Somewhere along the lines of "IP Configuration Failed." If I open up the wireless configuration page, it will find the router from time-to-time (other times it will not, but it will see the G-band perfectly fine). However, if I leave the page open for a long period of time after several failed connection attempts, the Pre 3 would just go black, and reboot. When it reboots, it kind of looks like an old TV when it's either turned on or off. Wicked looking, but it scares me that it might fry the Pre 3.

(Completely stock Pre 3, no patches, nor is PreWare installed)
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    It was the undervoting that caused the issues now im running the phone at the 1.6ghz and its running perfect no more random shutdowns
    Quote Originally Posted by zclash View Post
    It was the undervoting that caused the issues now im running the phone at the 1.6ghz and its running perfect no more random shutdowns
    I may be wrong but I've read on another thread that increasing ghz doesn't solve the issue, I'm glad it did for you. It seems to me it's an on ongoing issue and everyone has different solutions, it happened to me just once but I'm getting worried (it did happen a lot on my classic Pre).
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    It happened to me briefly where it wasn't seeming to charge or it dropped immediately to 0 when off charger.

Did a reset using the hold power button then flip mute button 3 times. Seems to be deeper reset than just power down. Anyway, immediate fix for me - so I suspect program in memory was off somehow.

Also, maybe battery isn't seated solidly.....worth a try.

Good luck

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Also, maybe battery isn't seated solidly.....worth a try.
    That was the theory on the same issue with the Pre, to make it tighter I put a lot of paper, never did me any good
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Okay, now, it's happening more frequently lately, what the hell is it? I'm starting to get worried, phone just shuts off, won't turn on pushing the top right switch-on button, I have to remove the battery (I hate this) and then the phone comes alive again
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Okay, now, it's happening more frequently lately, what the hell is it? I'm starting to get worried, phone just shuts off, won't turn on pushing the top right switch-on button, I have to remove the battery (I hate this) and then the phone comes alive again
    Mine shuts down daily (usually when I try to do something with it) when using the Mugen 1400mah battery, does not when using the stock battery.
    This happens to my Pre 3 as well. A week ago it was suddenly unresponsive, screen was black and didn't turn on. Pressing the power button had no effect, only a battery pull made any difference. 2 days later it started to happen several times a day. No difference if I'm using the Mugen battery or the original one. Tried a different sim card too.

Any hints would be nice, did not doctor so far (and totally don't want to do it...). Using my Pre 2 in the meantime.

Uberkernel installed.

Thoughts?
    Mine did that for a while - and then suffered a catastrophic failure of the flash memory.

5 weeks on, I'm still waiting for it to come back from repair under warranty.

Back it up now!
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    I'm still waiting for it to come back from repair under warranty.

Back it up now!
    Data is already saved, I'm pretty sure mine is not under warranty anymore, but will try to get in touch with the (old) palm eurostore.

Any other hints still appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    You running a standard HP battery? This kind of behaviour has been exhibited when a recent batch 'Mugen'
    batts are fitted to the Pre3.

If your battery standard & is in good shape, maybe the Pre3 Power Management firmware has lost touch with the battery - like: "What battery? I cant turn on if there isn't a battery fitted?".. and needs reflashing (er.. a 'Doctoring' being the first & 'easiest', but most time consuming thing to try)?

etc..

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsparks2 View Post
    Mine shuts down daily (usually when I try to do something with it) when using the Mugen 1400mah battery, does not when using the stock battery.
    it is the Mugen Battery I am back to using the original battery and have not had the problem since
    Quote Originally Posted by syrar View Post
    it is the Mugen Battery I am back to using the original battery and have not had the problem since
    I had bought an "apparantly" original battery off Ebay and use of this battery has resulted in me having this problem. Use of the original battery does not exhibit this problem.

All things therefore, point to the battery....

K
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDeWitt View Post
    No difference if I'm using the Mugen battery or the original one. Tried a different sim card too.
    It started after I installed the root certificate update. So with all of you it was the battery? Strange, the original does not work for me.
    Guys,
    I'm sure the issue isn't the battery..even when using the original (using Mugen now), this random shuts down always happening to my Pre3.
    one thing for sure, this situation always took time when the battery is around 69-70%, if I didn't plug the charger into it, it will shutdown & have to remove the battery to turn it on, and the battery indicator always showed it drained off (0%) so the battery isn't in 69-70% state but 0%. Have to charge it from 0.

is it firmware issue? cause when in 2.2.3, I never encounter such problem..
    I got this same problem, never had me spent until last month.

someone have solution got a for this problem.?