webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Microphone stops working
Microphone stops working

Old 01/17/2012, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone else out there is suffering from the same problem that I am in regards to the phone microphone not working occasionally.
I reboot will always fix it, so I'm pretty sure its a software bug. Not sure if it relates to Bluetooth or not, as my pre3 does auto connect to my touchpad and car.

Thanks,
Baldric

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
baldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2012, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have only seen it once (last week). I used BT in the car every day, so I don't think it's that.

When I noticed it last week, I think the day prior I had been using a plug in the headphone jack which I rarely do.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2012, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

try the app GhastlyHeadset and see what it is telling you which input/output devices it tries to use. Search for 'ghastly headset site:webosnation.com' on google to get app and more info.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2012, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

I know in my case it wasn't the old headset issue, because I could hear from the phone like normal, wife couldn't hear me until I did a reboot.

Even tested with the SPL meter before and after plugging in a head set and reboot.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 01/17/2012, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

this tip was for OP, as with this app you can see the different modes the phone could be in before (no mic) and after restart (all normal). This could then be a start to search more detailed.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2012, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Will try ghastly next time there is a prob. Thanks for the advice.

Will let the list know the result.

Baldric

Old 01/17/2012, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

when. Had problems with a veer headset issue, when I would make a call, say to voicemail, the phone app showed being in headset mode, so that maybe a first check
Old 01/17/2012, 09:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

The first thing I checked was what mode I was in, but everything seemed correct and I was still hearing out of the phone earpiece. Just no response from the mic. Its probably happened about 4 or 5 times since the new year.

Old 01/17/2012, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

sounds like you are seeing same issue I did
Old 01/17/2012, 10:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have the issue also. Seems like sometimes it comes after using Skype for a call.
kingstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2012, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

I haven't used skype since its been happening, so I dont think that is the cause....

Old 01/18/2012, 04:17 AM   #12 (permalink)

i used to have this issue, reboot used to fix, gone away with .4
jetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2012, 10:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

I've never used skype, it's installed (I think) but never used it
Old 02/08/2012, 03:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

I have been having the same problem. Phone working normally, but the mic does not work. People can't hear me but I can hear them just fine. I can't corelate it to any software being used except the alarm. Also, I have noticed that you can not switch a call off of hold if you have 2 calls going. The button to pick up the call on hold is behind other buttons and can not be pushed. Any clues.

Thanks
FrozenTreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2012, 04:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Hallo there FrozenTreo, try to use the search in this thread or in this forum or with google and "site:webosnation.com <searchterm>". These kind of problems have many threads here and most of them can solved by cleaning the headset-jack (google: 'site:forums.webosnation.com headset-jack' or using this: Microphone stops working
Old 02/08/2012, 10:47 AM   #16 (permalink)

The mic problem on Pre3 isn't the headset problem or else he wouldn't be able to hear the other person. It is a software mic driver issue from what I can tell, restart fixes it.
Old 02/08/2012, 01:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Wow, I just got this issue tonight and now I'm seeing posts about it!
I tried calling 2 different people who couldn't hear my end of the conversation. A reset fixed it. Never had this issue before.
I haven't used the headphone port for weeks.
Old 02/08/2012, 01:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

I haven't had the problem again yet...
Old 02/11/2012, 12:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

Yikes! I just started to have this problem, starting two days ago Microphone mostly does not work either normally or with a wired headset. So, this is not the old Pre earphone jack issue.

It does work with bluetooth.

Resets do not fix. Even a trip to the doctor.

The problem seems to be intermittent, however, over 90% of the time the mic does not work in call or while recording.
Old 02/11/2012, 12:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

sadly sounds like you may have a hardware issue =/

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0