Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 120
Like Tree5Likes
  1. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    sadly sounds like you may have a hardware issue =/
    Just visited the Pre 3 store (eBay).... :-(
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  2. saraujo2's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #22  
    @jc-Treo...

    did you find a fix for this? I too am suffering from the mic on my pre 3 not working. I have been relegated to using my BT headset, God forbid it dies and then can no longer talk to the person I was speaking to... Very frustrated!
  3. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by saraujo2 View Post
    @jc-Treo...

    did you find a fix for this? I too am suffering from the mic on my pre 3 not working. I have been relegated to using my BT headset, God forbid it dies and then can no longer talk to the person I was speaking to... Very frustrated!
    Sadly no, I did not find a fix. I love the Pre 3 so much, I went and bought another one from ebay.

    Please not that for me, it was not just the microphone on the phone. It was also the microphone when I used a wired headset. Only bluetooth would work.

    I did take the phone apart and pressed on some of the boards, etc, but it did not fix the problem.

    Please let me know if you figure anything out!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  4. #24  
    I have noticed this happening in the last couple of weeks. A restart fixes it every time, but it's just a random thing. I could have the phone not used for a day or two and then I go to answer the call and they cannot hear me.

    Frustrating, but this is not my main phone, so it's not too big of a deal. Sounds like it's a software issue to me.

    I don't use any headsets - BT or wired. I guess I should start carrying my wired stereo headset with me so I can plug it in and use it in case it happens again and I can't answer back.
    Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm m515 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre (Sprint) > TouchPad 32gb
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by chillywillymm View Post
    I have noticed this happening in the last couple of weeks. A restart fixes it every time, but it's just a random thing. I could have the phone not used for a day or two and then I go to answer the call and they cannot hear me.

    Frustrating, but this is not my main phone, so it's not too big of a deal. Sounds like it's a software issue to me.

    I don't use any headsets - BT or wired. I guess I should start carrying my wired stereo headset with me so I can plug it in and use it in case it happens again and I can't answer back.
    Its not the Mic, or even a hardware issue. The software doesn't correctly detect insertion/removal of a headset. Use audio switch homebrew app to fix.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Its not the Mic, or even a hardware issue. The software doesn't correctly detect insertion/removal of a headset. Use audio switch homebrew app to fix.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    This issue is NOT that issue. I can confirm this 100%. Yes the issue you speak of it a known issue with some hardware.

    This specific issue, which appears to oddly be Pre3 only, have not seen it on Pre2 running 2.2.4, is a completely different beast. Nothing "fixes" it but a restart. I know this because when it first happened to me, I did attempt the old headset fix multiple times and it was no go. Also the phone did not show it being in headset mode when making the calls, including test calls to my desk phone.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7. #27  
    I have an AT&T locked Pre3, and began having problems two days ago. The phone has worked flawlessly for three months.

    When I am in a phone call, the soft button for the microphone mute is selected, and cannot be unselected. The mic itself still works, as it passes the interactive test. I've tried using Ghastly Headset and another app to force the handset to unmute the mike, to no avail. Multiple restarts, battery pulls, erasing apps/data, and finally the Doctor, and nothing has changed. While I love the phone, it does need to be, first and foremost, a phone... Has anyone experienced this, and does anyone have a solution?
  8. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #28  
    cr*p! It has started to happen to my second Pre 3!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  9. #29  
    ...I'd be happy to have one of those Pre3's that doesn't have a working mic ...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    cr*p! It has started to happen to my second Pre 3!
    I had the same problem a few times, it seems that the other party can hear me but very very low level.

    A restart didn't solved anything last time but full shut down and power ON solved the problem.

    It has happened a few times from my purchase last year.

    I have also talked to HP (Palm) support at +442076600950 about this matter just week ago and I have explained problem in details and they have noted that on my repair number.

    They gave me service repair number and instructions on how to send device to repair. As it seems the only repair center for Europe is in UK at SBE.

    I still haven't decided if I will send it to repair or not as I can not sync my HP WebOS account to new HP Pre 3 I have. So in that case I would need to setup all from scratch. And they are unable to change the Device ID and serial number for the time of repair. They can not do it at all, if anybody have other information please let me know. It would be good in such cases or in cases you lost device etc ..
    I am not sure if they will not only doctor device and send it back. Nothing achived, I had doctor it just recently, same problem occured after that.
    If they will only exchange unit for new one I am again without HP WebOS account and not sure if mic problem can be repaired or not.

    I have also asked them if they can repair broken touch or LCD or any other problem and they said they can do it, but they would charge if device is out of warranty (broken LCD is not under warranty), so as it seems they have spare parts which is good for us and warranty in EU is 2 years from day of purchase.

    Here are emails I got:

    As requested on our call here are the shipping instructions for your Palm Pre 3:

    Please put the device in padded envelope or special packaging for fragile products
    Please send the device without accessories this includes battery and back cover.
    Please put a sticker on the device with the Service repair order number.

    The device should be sent to the following address:


    Thank you for your request to have your Palm product repaired. Please follow the instructions below to enable us to deliver a fast and efficient service to you.

    Please note that ALL DATA WILL BE LOST AS PART OF THE REPAIR PROCESS. Ensure that your data has been backed up wherever possible.

    1. Package the Palm product properly to ensure that it is not damaged in transit.
    Palm does not accept liability for damage that occurs whilst in transit to repair.

    2. Enclose a copy of this order confirmation inside the package to help ensure quick identification at the repair centre

    3. For Smartphone product remove the battery, battery cover, and SIM card

    4. Remove any SD/MMC cards (including any dummy cards), stylus, protective covers, and any other third party hardware.

    5. Send only the Palm product for repair.
    Do not include any other accessories such as cables, power supplies, CD-ROMs, manuals as these will not be returned.

    6. Return the product as advised to the following address:
    SBE UK Limited
    (Palm Repair Centre)
    Beaver Business Park
    Ashford
    Kent
    TN23 7SH
    United Kingdom
  11. #31  
    Yesterday I faced the same situation with my AT&T Pre 3. However, several (hard) restart doesn't work.

    But later when I try to call my wife (with both phones on my hands and I expect there maybe high pitch feedback) AND turn on the speaker on my Pre 3, I can hear echoes from Pre 3's speaker when I talk to its mic.

    I hope it's not hardware issue but I didn't do anything changes (including patches) to my Pre 3. Doctoring it seems doesn't work from other users' experience...

    For the time being I have to use my Android for a unknown period. Hopefully I could have it fixed with new OS version (2.2.5?) from HP if it's just software issue. Otherwise, I think I have to jump ship to Windows Phone or Android.

    Really hope some manufacturers will adopt Open webOS to build mobile phones by the end of this year, then I don't need to consider other OS.
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
  12. meir602's Avatar
    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    #32  
    i am now suffering from this same problem. Anybody find a solution?
  13.    #33  
    i am now suffering from this same problem. Anybody find a solution?
    me too. Started after that bloody quickoffice update, but dont know if thats relevant.
    A reset will allow the mic to work for a minute or 2, but then nothing. Cant even use the headphones mike with it. Bluetooth works though.

    Any ideas how to fix?

    Dont really have time to doctor but will if no other solution.

    Baldric


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  14. meir602's Avatar
    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    #34  
    doctoring did not help for me. Now I am just using a Bluetooth earpiece/Mic which works. I really wish there was a solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    me too. Started after that bloody quickoffice update, but dont know if thats relevant.
    A reset will allow the mic to work for a minute or 2, but then nothing. Cant even use the headphones mike with it. Bluetooth works though.

    Any ideas how to fix?

    Dont really have time to doctor but will if no other solution.

    Baldric


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  15. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #35  
    I have not found a solution. I have 2 Pre 3's with the problem.

    In both cases, the problem was intermittent at first, and I could get the mic working by placing a second call, switching speaker phone on-ff, etc. However, the mic was completely dead within a day or two.

    On both phones, I had been using touchvol to increase the volume. I also used a wired headset on occasion.

    I took one phone apart and tried to wiggle the circuit boards, but it did not help.

    Hoping someone can figure out if there is a fix.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    I have not found a solution. I have 2 Pre 3's with the problem.

    In both cases, the problem was intermittent at first, and I could get the mic working by placing a second call, switching speaker phone on-ff, etc. However, the mic was completely dead within a day or two.

    On both phones, I had been using touchvol to increase the volume. I also used a wired headset on occasion.

    I took one phone apart and tried to wiggle the circuit boards, but it did not help.

    Hoping someone can figure out if there is a fix.
    Anybody figure out what is going on? I've done a few visits to the doctor, full erase, but it just does not seem to work. Is this a hardware thing? I tried using voice dial and it can't pick up anything. This really sucks. hp i hate you for bailing out on webOS. I have a an azerty pre 3, I wonder if swapping out the mic is difficult.
  17. #37  
    This just started happening to my AT&T Pre 3. Reboots fix it, but that doesn't me much good since the Pre takes 3 mins to reboot.

    Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  18. #38  
    If I may offer a suggestion, everyone who posted in this thread having the issue should make a full list of patches etc... aka any modification to the stock OS, and post it here ( just to have a better view of the situation, regardless of doctoring).
    Same thing for added apps, maybe (those are usually redownloaded after doctoring)
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by normanyclark View Post
    I haven't any solution for that. I have issues in my phones. The voice which generated from my side is not heard opposite side.Why this issues occur in phone.?
    Well, there are only 2 possibilities:

    1) an hardware failure
    2) a software issue ( since some people doctored, it would mean something wrong in some hidden file left in the storage area, that's not touched by doctoring.

    Have you considered trying, just for curiosity - testing, to use a new palm profile ?
  20. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    If I may offer a suggestion, everyone who posted in this thread having the issue should make a full list of patches etc... aka any modification to the stock OS, and post it here ( just to have a better view of the situation, regardless of doctoring).
    Same thing for added apps, maybe (those are usually redownloaded after doctoring)
    I can't tell you all the patches/home brew apps I had installed, as it was many. However, I do know that I had both of my Pre 3's overclocked, and tended to play audio fairly loud using TouchVol.

    As mentioned, secure full erase and doctoring did not fix the problem. If I recall, I skipped provisioning, so I did not even log into my old profile. I recorded a video to see if the mic would work and no luck.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions