1.    #1  
    Would it be possible to create a homebrew hack/app that would allow you to use your Pre3 as the keyboard for your Touchpad?

Im thinking like you open an app on the Pre3 and then over wifi or bluetooth it connects to the Touchpad and the physical keyboard works as the keyboard for the TP.

I can type much faster on my Pre3, and it would make a great little way to type out long paragraphs on the Touchpad while travelling.
    If you can hack the Bluetooth of Pre3 to act as HID device, you can connect it as BT Keyboard to the TouchPad. The only remaining thing would be special characters (especially the Sym button gives a headache)...
    But I'm not sure about the Bluetooth HID part...

Maybe there is some other way over wifi, but that would require a server app on the touchpad and emulate keypresses there. I'm not sure that is possible with webOs right now. Maybe some low level linux stuff can do that. But I don't know about that. This could solve the special character issue, which you just still type on the Pre3.

All in all I like the idea pretty much. The BT keyboard for the TouchPad works great and not having to display the Virtual Keyboard all the time even makes the TP feel much smoother... but it's to clunky to take with you on most trips... and you have the phone with you anyway... I really like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    If you can hack the Bluetooth of Pre3 to act as HID device, you can connect it as BT Keyboard to the TouchPad. The only remaining thing would be special characters (especially the Sym button gives a headache)...
    But I'm not sure about the Bluetooth HID part...

Maybe there is some other way over wifi, but that would require a server app on the touchpad and emulate keypresses there. I'm not sure that is possible with webOs right now. Maybe some low level linux stuff can do that. But I don't know about that. This could solve the special character issue, which you just still type on the Pre3.

All in all I like the idea pretty much. The BT keyboard for the TouchPad works great and not having to display the Virtual Keyboard all the time even makes the TP feel much smoother... but it's to clunky to take with you on most trips... and you have the phone with you anyway... I really like that.
    Nice idea!

Also it would be impressive to use the pre 3 as touch game pad with a controler layout...
    ^I was just thinking about this today. It was be awesome to use the pre3/veer as a gamepad for the likes of N64 em or snes.
    plus with the added Bluetooth in the 3.0.5 update, it may be closer?