1.    #1  
    No sign of getting OTA 2.2.4 for my ATT Pre3 yet. I am thinking of updating it through Doctor. Will that wipe out all my setting, patches and home brew apps? Enlighten me if you have any clue. Thanks a lot!!!
    Yes, it will wipe out all your settings and Patches etc. But your Data that you have (Music, Documents, Photos) should still be on your phone.

You only would have to redownload your Patches and Homebrew-Apps.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much! I assume there will be no danger right? thanks anyways.
    Guys,
    sorry for this question, just noob here.. if I update to 2.2.4 via OTA, should I also have to uninstall the patches? what happen if I just download it via OTA then install the update without uninstall any patches..does it will broke / brick my Pre3?

please advise..
    Quote Originally Posted by clouds_9 View Post
    Guys,
    sorry for this question, just noob here.. if I update to 2.2.4 via OTA, should I also have to uninstall the patches? what happen if I just download it via OTA then install the update without uninstall any patches..does it will broke / brick my Pre3?

please advise..
    ABSOLUTELY YES please remove the patches, themes, and custom kernels PRIOR to updating the OS. Downloading the OTA with patches still installed is fine, just DONT install the update yet till the patches are gone first. Don't worry about homebrew apps, their fine.

Failure to do so will not kill your phone, just will FUBAR it enough to need the webOS doctor immediately.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....