Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Well, I'm pretty upset with myself. I have a micro sim card and was using an adapter for the Pre 3 sim slot. Inside that slot there are 6 copper/metal contacts. Upon removing the sim the adapter got caught on two of the contacts and I basically pulled them out upon removal of the adapter and sim.

Upon placing the micro sim back in without the adapter the phone is showing SOS/emergency call only mode.

Is there any hope to replace that part or do I now have a Pre 3 for parts?
    Welcome to my world. I seriously feel for you. It's crazy that there's no 3rd party repair services for the Pre 3 SIM slot. I contacted the seller I purchased my Pre 3 from Amazon to see if they had anymore in stock to purchase, unfortunately they don't have any but offered to reimburse me for the repair (I declined, it was my doing, but good to know there's kind people out there). If you happen to find a repair service please PM me. Best of luck getting your WiFi Pre 3 PDA back to being a phone!

Any Pre 3 repairmen out there?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Wow this is 3 of these I know of for sure now.

Sad for you guys, good luck!

Really makes me with we could have 2 SIMs for 1 line. So I could still use my other devices without fear of damaging my Pre3 (at least non of mine are Micro SIM devices, so I am using a full size SIM).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Wow this is 3 of these I know of for sure now.

Sad for you guys, good luck!

Really makes me with we could have 2 SIMs for 1 line. So I could still use my other devices without fear of damaging my Pre3 (at least non of mine are Micro SIM devices, so I am using a full size SIM).
    Very sad indeed. I'm hoping for a miracle Pre 3 repair service to come into my life, lol. Until then I am forced to use an iPhone 4S or use the Veer to get my webOS fix. Once you go Pre 3 it's hard to downgrade. Playing around with the Galaxy Nexus is helping me take my mind off of my Pre 3 PDA, but I sure do miss it and am hoping for that miracle
    Jimmie Geddes