1.    #1  
    So I nabbed a pre 3 off of ebay and my friend gave me an extended mugen battery for it. I bought a spare seeing as how the pre 3 will be my daily driver for the foreseeable future and I suddenly remembered something i read, that the battery health for will decrease even if not in use (pretty sure it said lithium ion). this worries me because the point of having a spare would be to have a healthy battery when your current battery dies.

can anyone confirm/debunk this? thanks in advance
    You can read this article (link below) to see how to prolong the lithium battery life:

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University
    Quote Originally Posted by callmejohnny View Post
    can anyone confirm/debunk this? thanks in advance
    Technically this is true, since Mugen decided to make the batteries, I am hoping they are not going to pull them from market any time in the near future.

I have kept batteries from Our Centros (over 4 years old), that still hold an okay charge for when I am away from power all day (for Original Pre and Pre2 use). So the battery will still function, it will just end up with a lower "full capacity".
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    You now buy an original battery from the Hp Euro site here; HP Replacement Battery for Pre 3 - Palm Accessories