1.    #1  
    So after the 2.2.4 update i noticed my battery was getting absolutely killed. I was losing 15%/hr without even touching the darn thing. and my phone was starting to get bogged down and slow. I had preware and a fair amount of patches installed. I got fed up and decided to just do a hard reset (but not a secure one) and reload all my accounts to see what would happen. I also decided i was not going to reload preware for several days just to see how my battery life would be.

Well, after the reset, and without preware, battery life is amazing. I lose maybe 5%/hr with little to no use. And it's quite snappy now too. Here's the funny thing. I still have some patch remnants that made it onto my device after the hard reset. Lots of them seem to be related to sconix's 'advanced' patches (I had virtually all of them on my device before the update). Shouldn't my device have been reset to factory condition after the hard reset? I can't figure out how these patches stayed on the device. I did not remove preware before the hard reset as I figured it would be removed via the hard reset. Was i wrong to assume this? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Chad
  2.    #2  
    ummm....any thoughts from anyone? 65 views and no dice. tough crowd today
    This is what I posted in another thread:

Before installing 2.2.4 on my at&t Pre 3 (on the at&t network in California) I was happy with the battery consumption of my Pre 3 at idle with the screen off using around .9 of 1% per hour and that is with GPS on, WiFi on and 3 email accounts checking every 30 minutes.

After installing 2.2.4 I noticed that the battery consumption was much higher so I checked it and sure enough it had escalated to almost 9% per hour at idle. I posted this in the 2.2.4 update thread and another member posted that the same thing happened to his Pre 2 after the update but I should wait because after a week his Pre 2 was running great and using less battery at idle than before the update. Sure enough, after a few days my Pre 3 settled in and was running cool and fast and my battery consumption at idle had dropped down to .5 of 1% per hour, almost half the power usage than before the update. I am running many patches on my Pre 3 but not the Uberkernel or System contro Optimiaztion patches. I know everyone has different results and there are many varibles that effect battery usage but so far I am really happy with the 2.2.4 update.

I think if you would have waited a few days after the update, your Pre 3's battery life would have improved on its own.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    This is what I posted in another thread:

Before installing 2.2.4 on my at&t Pre 3 (on the at&t network in California) I was happy with the battery consumption of my Pre 3 at idle with the screen off using around .9 of 1% per hour and that is with GPS on, WiFi on and 3 email accounts checking every 30 minutes.

After installing 2.2.4 I noticed that the battery consumption was much higher so I checked it and sure enough it had escalated to almost 9% per hour at idle. I posted this in the 2.2.4 update thread and another member posted that the same thing happened to his Pre 2 after the update but I should wait because after a week his Pre 2 was running great and using less battery at idle than before the update. Sure enough, after a few days my Pre 3 settled in and was running cool and fast and my battery consumption at idle had dropped down to .5 of 1% per hour, almost half the power usage than before the update. I am running many patches on my Pre 3 but not the Uberkernel or System contro Optimiaztion patches. I know everyone has different results and there are many varibles that effect battery usage but so far I am really happy with the 2.2.4 update.

I think if you would have waited a few days after the update, your Pre 3's battery life would have improved on its own.
    thanks for your input ntwrkr9. i actually had the 2.2.4 update running for a week before doing the reset and starting from scratch so maybe it was the uberkernel that was the problem. the battery life was not improving at all over the course of that week. that still doesn't explain the patch remnants remaining on my device after the reset though. any idea why those stuck around? or was it because i didn't remove them or preware before the hard reset? and how would i go about removing them at this point now that preware is not on my device since the reset?