1.    #1  
    For the second time in the last couple months, my Verizon Pre 3 just now went from 100% battery to 0% instantly. I had taken it off the Touchstone to check a message, and when I put it back on it gave an alert. I looked and the battery was at 0%.

Last time this happened, I recharged the battery and it worked fine.

This seems like a software issue rather than a battery issue, as both of my batteries have now done this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    No idea, but mine did this this morning.

Alan
    I also had this a couple of times, only ever with the pre 3 and I have owned every webOS device going.

I think its more likely a touchstone issue than a software one from what I have seen.

Dave
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    this has happened to my Pre plus recently. It was during a thunderstorm, so the power was dipping, and the pre plus was on the touchstone. It suddenly went from 75% and suddenly after the last outage, turned off because it was @ 0%.
  5.    #5  
    First time it happened to me I was at an airport and so not on a touchstone. This morning it went back to 100 percent after being plugged in for just a few minutes.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    may not be a touchstone issue. Mine did it after being on a physical plug connection overnight. The battery seemed to drain much faster during the day as well. Can't verify this with real numbers but am timing it today. I'm wondering if we have a few bad batteries out here.
    Try restarting the phone.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    My Sprint Pre started doing that when the battery went bad. It would actually stay at 0% for a few hours before dying. I think the voltage curve of the battery got really bad and made it so calibration just couldn't figure it out anymore. You may just have a bad battery.
    I already got some reports of exactly that behavior.
    It seems to be a problem between the battery chip and/or the A6 chip since the firmware of the A6 is reporting the values to the kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I already got some reports of exactly that behavior.
    It seems to be a problem between the battery chip and/or the A6 chip since the firmware of the A6 is reporting the values to the kernel.
    Do you think that this could be in part responsible also for the random quick drains since 2.2.4 ? (I mean, could be this specific subsystem to go into a "frenzy loop" and causing those ?)
  11.    #11  
    I believe the first of the two times this happened to me was pre-update.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    I believe the first of the two times this happened to me was pre-update.
    Well, I'm experiencing it only after the update (and anyway strictly not while recharging or having it plugged to recharge).
    I tend to not reboot or restart the phone, unless forced, too.. and maybe this contributes to the issue... but anyway the only point of using linux or unix for a phone would be to have an high uptime, at least for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Do you think that this could be in part responsible also for the random quick drains since 2.2.4 ? (I mean, could be this specific subsystem to go into a "frenzy loop" and causing those ?)
    We don't know the code of the A6 firmware (one of the reasons dr.b can't calibrate) .
    But I think it's some app running wild (e.g. synergy has problems with an account).
    Or something is preventing the device to go into deep sleep (radio/wifi...).
    Don't know actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    We don't know the code of the A6 firmware (one of the reasons dr.b can't calibrate) .
    But I think it's some app running wild (e.g. synergy has problems with an account).
    Or something is preventing the device to go into deep sleep (radio/wifi...).
    Don't know actually.
    Mah, I still wonder. After the full reboot, the drain was -330something and only putting the phone on the touchstone (anyway, starting to recharge) has allowed to revert it.
    A full system restart = all processes were stopped and after turned back on alongside the system...
    I suspect that what I am seeing with my new Mugen battery is a similar thing.

Basically I have tried to condition the battery according to their instructions but I am getting strange behaviour with it reading 100% for 20 hours and then dying within minutes making it very hard to charge at 10% as recommended.

After 5 cycles through this process as close as I could manage I still can't get it to charge on the touchstone. It charges and then discharges and then charges, apparently randomly. I leave it on charge for a few hours with the charge going up and come back to find it is on 5% and charging again.

So far Mugen have not really helped but switching back to the original battery restores normal behaviour so I am convinced it is a battery issue not a phone or touchstone problem (I have 2 touchstones and 3 original chargers, behaviour is the same).
    I have experienced this behavior on my Pre3 just once so far (battery went from 90% to 0%). I let it discharge completely (it took more than a day and the device was showing 0% all the time) and charged it up to 100%.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I was overclocking to 1.8 using Uberkernal. Dropped back to 1.5 and have not experienced battery weirdness in three days. Getting some good battery charge life, actually.

How many here are overclocking?
    I have seen this once, curious, for everyone seeing it are we all using the % in top bar?

I am thinking it is an issue of incorrect reporting of battery %, once my phone rebooted the charge was reporting what seemed like a correct %.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...