1.    #1  
    The light still comes on when in an app and flashes when you do gestures (as it should) but doesn't flash when I get a new message (either email or sms). I've uninstalled all email and messaging patches but still no joy. Any ideas?

UPDATE: it is only the email application, the messaging app flashes up when I get a new message.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by mark-dj; 01/12/2012 at 08:33 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone have any ideas before I have to doctor it?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I have noticed the same thing. You are not alone. Please post more info as you find it.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    did you perform a OTA with installed advanced patches?
    is it notification light, as in it won't blink, or because it won't light up in apps?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    is it notification light, as in it won't blink, or because it won't light up in apps?
    The light works perfectly because it comes on when cards are brought to the fore (as normal) and it blinks on IMs and SMS messages, so the light itself is fine. It just doesn't blink for emails. Not sure if it was working since the 2.2.4 update (i only did the update a few days ago), although I hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary right after the update. I was going to doctor my Pre 3 but thought I'd check if anyone had had any similar problems first...as doctoring is a bit of a hassle (well I think it is anyway).
    I found that I could restore blinking notifications for email by installing Advanced Framework patch and the then Advanced Email patch. Thanks Sconix! You can then turn on blink notifications (and repeat audible if you wish).
    cheers
    As slimmo said, this can happen when you install Framework Patch, but haven't installed the e-mail or messaging patch to go along with it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...