1.    #1  
    Howdy!

Just received my Verizon Pre 3 last week off E-Bay (late X-Mas gift to myself) and have been nothing but amazed regarding it and its interaction with the rest of the planet. So what has me all a titter? Here are two examples of my latest "Real World" applications of the Pre 3 with other technology :

Today's category : Mobile Audio

1. Car Stereo : Brand - PowerAcoustik : Model - PTID-8310NRBT (w/ Blue Tooth 2.0 & Analog TV Tuner + more).

Santa brought me a new car stereo unit to replace the one we have in our boat. This stereo is pretty darn cool for what it does and is 100% compatible and functional with the HP Pre 3. The brand is kind-of a lesser known (i.e. random) brand, but does what it advertises. It has a VERY UNIQUE slide out / pop-up video touch-screen. Check out the link below to witness how they do this. Its mechanics are quite unorthodox, but works and saves dash space. The user interface is a bit pedestrian, but what do you expect for a car stereo running lord-only-knows-what OS to drive its little brains.

PowerAcoustik - Source Units - PTID-83xx

The main feature related to the Pre 3 that works amazingly (without a hitch) is the BlueTooth sync for playing Bluetooth Audio and making calls. The coolest part is that you can control the Pre 3 from the head unit of the "car" stereo either from its big pop-out touchscreen or actual remote control. Yes it controls the stock HP music player and Pandora. The stereo unit also provides a speaker phone capability that also drives the Pre 3. It provides a dial keypad on the touchscreen, speakerphone, and microphone. The sound quality on both ends is amazing and uses the massive speakers we have installed on the boat. Basically I just turned a 40ft boat into a big 'ol speakerphone with my tiny Pre 3... Cool.... Very cool!

So, if you are looking for an inexpensive car/marine stereo that plays nicely with the Pre 3... I found it.

Link :
    PowerAcoustik - Source Units - PTID-83xx

2. Yet another mobile audio perfect match!

Ford Escape (or any Ford) with Microsoft "Sync"

The Pre 3 pairs nicely and easily with the Ford implementation of Microsoft Sync. Bluetooth Audio streaming rocks, speakerphone works very well (no one has complained about it when I use it for work), and it downloads the phonebook from the Pre 3 (gathered via MS Exchange) and sticks it in the car for some form of dialing from the car (voice activated or other). The only thing that I have not tried yet is the "turn by turn" directions provided by "Sync". Apparently you have to sign up for an account but it is free for 3 years if you have a new Ford car.

All in all, no probs what-so-ever. So if you have a Ford and have not "Sync"'d yet... do it, it ROCKS!!

Cheers,

jax1111
    Last edited by jax1111; 01/10/2012 at 10:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    yes I have enjoyed a phone that does all I want. Solid build (except for the p on back)
    Quote Originally Posted by modelnet View Post
    yes I have enjoyed a phone that does all I want. Solid build (except for the p on back)
    My issue is with the 'H', wouldn't mind the 'P' followed by 'alm'.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...