1.    #1  
    Any ideas? The bar in the download screen is stuck on the 'i' of 'downloading' and it won;t budge. I don't really want to doctor because...well, I can't be bothered. Anyone?
    How long has it been "stuck"? Do you have a decent data signal currently, WiFi?

If it's downloading and not performing another action I don't see a problem with a reboot. (might want to wait for others input since I've never seen this problem specifically before)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    How long has it been "stuck"? Do you have a decent data signal currently, WiFi?

If it's downloading and not performing another action I don't see a problem with a reboot. (might want to wait for others input since I've never seen this problem specifically before)
    Nah, tried all that already, I've been on GSM 3G, GPRS and WiFi since it started downloading, got home and it hadn't progressed at all so I've since rebooted 3 times and it makes no difference. THought it might the 30% charge so I have charged it too, it's 95% now and still nothing. If you press the 'x', it just brings up the option to 'download now', oress that and the bar races up to the 'i' again...and stops. It's quite frustrating. I think I may have to doctor but it's such a hassle...Save/Restore, write down Govnah settings, write down all the patches I have (any way to back them up btw?).
  4.    #4  
    Well it sorted itself out in the end, except now I've realised that I forgot to change Uberkernel to the Pre 3 standard...great. Looks like I'll be doctoring after all
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    Nah, tried all that already, I've been on GSM 3G, GPRS and WiFi since it started downloading, got home and it hadn't progressed at all so I've since rebooted 3 times and it makes no difference. THought it might the 30% charge so I have charged it too, it's 95% now and still nothing. If you press the 'x', it just brings up the option to 'download now', oress that and the bar races up to the 'i' again...and stops. It's quite frustrating. I think I may have to doctor but it's such a hassle...Save/Restore, write down Govnah settings, write down all the patches I have (any way to back them up btw?).
    Just so ya know, I believe Save/Restore saves govnah and if you update your saved package list in Preware and then save/restore after that you shouldn't have to do anything more.

I backup to PC incase something happens that I need to wipe USB partition.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just so ya know, I believe Save/Restore saves govnah and if you update your saved package list in Preware and then save/restore after that you shouldn't have to do anything more.

I backup to PC incase something happens that I need to wipe USB partition.
    Cheers, seems to have sorted itself out ok, going to have to manually add my patches again though (all 56 of them!). Incidentally, Preware wouldn't accept the patches feed even thought the address was correct...manually added them under a different name (but using the same address) and they have come in fine. Over 10,000 apps/patches available now...App Tuckerbox is amazing