Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I got my Mugen battery today and its doing its initial charge as we speak. more news on performace as it happens.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    I was about to order one, will wait for some feedback how the battery performs then.
    And I'm getting mega drain with this battery - 19-22% p/hour just idle, which is around the normal consuption when using it with the stock battery. Sometimes my Pre 3 does this anyway so could be a blip but I've been testing it all afternoon and reset it a few times so I think this is unlikely. For comparison, using Govnah and undervolting/underclocking I can get it down to 2-2.5% p/hour with screen off and the phone idle.

Not particularly impressed so far, just topping off the battery now so hopefully it will improve over the next few days. Still, having a bad spare battery is better than no spare battery I guess.
    Just curious, but Dr Battery is telling me that my Mugen battery capacity is 1411 mAh after the recommended 5 full charges. This is a bit short of the rated 1460 mAh capacity. Anyone managed to get more?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I am still on the 1st charge, but drain wasn't any different. Dr. Battery reports 100%. The battery was a bit of a tight fit, but it went in. Max charge rate seems a bit higher than the stock battery. More news as it happens.
    Jim Altman
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftRightFire View Post
    Just curious, but Dr Battery is telling me that my Mugen battery capacity is 1411 mAh after the recommended 5 full charges. This is a bit short of the rated 1460 mAh capacity. Anyone managed to get more?
    If I'm not mistaken it's rated at 1400 mAh...

[HLI-PRE3SL] Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery for HP Pre 3

Where did you see 1460?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Dr. Battery reports 1460 capacity/manufacturers rating and 1460 remaining in the health section.
    Jim Altman
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    The paper that was in the envelope with my new Mugen had pretty specific instructions on charging/discharging for the first few cycles. That was enough to dampen my enthusiasm - I'll have to pull out the spare Pre3 and use it for charge&discharge. I don't like the idea of waiting until battery is 'very low' to charge - with my luck that would happen at a time when charging would be unavailable.

Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftRightFire View Post
    Its definitely labeled as being 1400 mAh, and I actually find it quite impressive that it exceeds that... Was expecting it to be slighty less than 1400 mAh
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I have not gotten mine nor shipping info - sad panda
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Runs a little hot on the touchstone (41c) and after 4 days of discarge/charge I haven't seen any significant benefits over the stock battery. I'm hoping it will get better in time.
    'Battery monitor' suggests I have 6.8 hours of standby time, so as long as I leave it alone and don't use, I'm good until nearly 8pm tonight! Happy days!
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    I have not gotten mine nor shipping info - sad panda
    Guessing you are in the US, customs seems to be a lil slow on most US deliveries.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    My mugen battery has been great so far. Only on the second charge but battery life i would say has been better than my stock battery so far.

Very impressed
    Mine's not arrived yet (I didn't order in time for the initial batch), but just to point out that my (and a lot of posters') stock batteries took a fair while before the battery life became reasonable. The first week or two were significantly worse. I suspect the same will be true for the Mugens.
    Mize likes this.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Mine arrived yesterday (Austria) - I have ordered it on the first or second day of the initial batch.
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Runs a little hot on the touchstone (41c) and after 4 days of discarge/charge I haven't seen any significant benefits over the stock battery. I'm hoping it will get better in time.
    'Battery monitor' suggests I have 6.8 hours of standby time, so as long as I leave it alone and don't use, I'm good until nearly 8pm tonight! Happy days!
    Err - what??? ;-)
    Are you joking?

Less than 7 hours is terrible.
    I got that and more out of my Pre- (with moderate use).

My Pre3 is *way* better than that.

At what interval do you check your EMail?
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Lets keep in mind here that 1460 mA is only about 18% more power than the 1230 mA rating on the stock battery. Dont expect it to act like some thermo-nuclear device. Its more than a bit more power, its A SPARE BATTERY! That is something previously unavailable in the market place. I dont see much life-length change or much consumption rate change over the stock battery, but thats not the point in buying one.

I still think a battery holder you can set on the charging stone to charge a battery out of the phone would have been a nice accessory.
    Jim Altman
    mivoligo likes this.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    tholap - Yeah but I think it's more a 'Battery Monitor' issue. Was fine listening to MP3's on my way home and still at 49% when I got to work this morning.

So, 51% loss over 12 1/2 hours with 1hr of MP3 play.

Data switched off and screen down to 0% (patched) backlight.
    If a reliable standalone spare battery charger ever becomes available I can sell my spare Pre3 and get the Mugen battery

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Hi, here in France I received mine 3 days ago. I've been through two charge/discharge cycles. I'm clearly getting better battery life because I have to aggressively run a 3D games for an hour or more to discharge it before I go to bed.

One interesting thing is that Dr Battery shows 1218mA, which is not significantly more than my stock battery, although the capacity is clearly better.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast