Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I don't think this is the problem at all:

--please do not reply below this line--

Dear James Hitch,

Thank you for your email!

We find out the problem, you need to charge the battery from 0~100% for 3 times, then the device can read and use the battery normally!

Because Pre's device need to notify the battery same as Blackberry device!

Please contact me if you need any additional info.

Best Regards,

Jan
    --please do not reply below this line--

Dear DB, Thank you for your email!
    I have forwarded your response to engineers and will get back to you as soon as I have more info.

I will make sure that you receive a working battery which is up to our standards.

Please contact me if you need any additional info.

Best Regards,

Nikolai

I have since received a tracking number that appears a replacement is on its way. Hope it's a good one...
    Did anyone tried this suggestion ? Did it work for anyone?

We find out the problem, you need to charge the battery from 0~100% for 3 times, then the device can read and use the battery normally!

Because Pre's device need to notify the battery same as Blackberry device!
    I am also skeptical about this working. But I haven't seen anyone receiving a replacement battery that seems to be fixing the problem either.

Carrying out this suggestion is going to be hard given the phone switch itself off randomly anyway and need a power source to power it back again !
    Quote Originally Posted by roshang View Post

I am also skeptical about this working. But I haven't seen anyone receiving a replacement battery that seems to be fixing the problem either.

Carrying out this suggestion is going to be hard given the phone switch itself off randomly anyway and need a power source to power it back again !

I have enacted this suggested charge/discharge cycle on x3 new Mugen HLI-PRE3SL batteries and none of them have proved any more reliable than the other as a result - ie. all 3 are still unreliable!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roshang View Post

I remember doing exactly just that actually when I first got the battery but it didnt work. Now the battery has become so unstable that there is just no way I can do it. It shuts off anywhere from 15% to 40%...
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdonia View Post
    I remember doing exactly just that actually when I first got the battery but it didnt work. Now the battery has become so unstable that there is just no way I can do it. It shuts off anywhere from 15% to 40%...

To my mind 'Mugen' have not got something quite right (and nor of course may 'HP' have done - but at least their power management system is comparatively stable with their battteries!).

Keep on emailing Dmitry - Mugen might then eventually real-eyes that it is they that are in error!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    My Pre 3 now shuts down at about 65% with the Mugen battery. I'm going to order a second before returning the first because I don't think my original battery will hold up while I'm without a Mugen.

As an extra feature of the Mugen, nDrive won't stay open.
    I just received my Mugen replacement. I'm going to follow their detailed instructions to the 'T'. I'm fully charging my stock original now. I'll charge the Mugen overnight as the instructions say 8-12 hours, 4-5 times.

Have my fingers crossed.. take care
    So far, so good with the replacement Mugen. Seems to be getting better with each recharge. I definitely had a defective original, and was apprehensive on the replacement...

Still shows '1556' as manufacturer rating and shows 1700 + mah when fully charged, but it discharges evenly during use and doesn't shut down my Pre 3 during discharge. Hope the capacity gets better, as it's still 'breaking in'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Btravelen View Post
    So far, so good with the replacement Mugen. Seems to be getting better with each recharge. I definitely had a defective original, and was apprehensive on the replacement...

Still shows '1556' as manufacturer rating and shows 1700 + mah when fully charged, but it discharges evenly during use and doesn't shut down my Pre 3 during discharge. Hope the capacity gets better, as it's still 'breaking in'.
    Cooleroony! So are you also free of the deblitating habit of the recent Mugens to pop up big ?Question Marks? when rebooting from Full Device Shut Down?

That would be a step in the right direction!

Cooleroony! So are you also free of the deblitating habit of the recent Mugens to pop up big ?Question Marks? when rebooting from Full Device Shut Down?

That would be a step in the right direction!

Yup, it's running well.. Haven't timed it, but it is behaving well.

I said I was going to follow their break-in instructions to the T, and I did pretty closely. I had my doubts as others were reporting that their replacements were still flawed. Either Mugen figured it out or I got lucky.

I need to email Mugen and report my success. They were very helpful in obtaining the replacement, refunding shipping of the defective, etc. Only problem was the lengthy shipping times.. Take Care
    Jimbode and Mutoidi like this.
    I got my replacement battery as well. So far so good. No more spontaneous shutdowns or white question marks.

Dr. Battery says capacity is 1400. All seems good now.

Kudos for Mugen for their excellent customer service !
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I got my battery some weeks back.

Dr. Battery says capacity is 1400. All seems good. *Fingers crossed*
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Any more reported successes? Looking for a freshly manufactured replacement battery but have heard of these woes.

And for those it's okay for... does the phone die when you take a picture with flash? I believe that was mentioned somewhere as causing the phone to instantly die.

TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Any more reported successes? Looking for a freshly manufactured replacement battery but have heard of these woes.

And for those it's okay for... does the phone die when you take a picture with flash? I believe that was mentioned somewhere as causing the phone to instantly die.

TIA!

I am still on the old batch, which do cause the Phone to cut out completely when flash is used, yes!
    But reports of the new batch does indicate that this is hopefully no longer the case?

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I bought a battery from cellphoneshop.net for 10.99 for my Pre 3. I have been using it for a over a week now and it hold power for the day. It is reported as 1218 mAh and I found that it is an excellent replacement and extension for my old battery.

This is a direct link for the battery:

Lithium Battery For HP Pre 3
    ananimus and Mutoidi like this.
    Holy deuces, $11!

Ordered my spare, thanks!
    Last edited by ananimus; 11/05/2013 at 08:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nideiki View Post
    I bought a battery from cellphoneshop.net for 10.99 for my Pre 3. I have been using it for a over a week now and it hold power for the day. It is reported as 1218 mAh and I found that it is an excellent replacement and extension for my old battery.

This is a direct link for the battery:

Lithium Battery For HP Pre 3
    Just got mine yesterday (so thanks a lot for the link)...

Cheap wrapping, but the battery is typical.

Battery after a night on the Touchstone

Dr. Battery

Battery State

99%
    Capacity left (while on Touchstone) 1195mAh
    Temp: 38C/100F
    Voltage: 4.17
    Current 235.31mA

Health
    100% Health
    Man. rating 1218mAh
    Calculated left 1218 mAh

So far overall, look as good as the original, but maybe a bit hot?

(updated after a few more hours on my Touchstone)
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 01/15/2014 at 01:01 PM.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Just got mine yesterday (so thanks a lot for the link)...

Cheap wrapping, but the battery is typical.

Battery after a night on the Touchstone

Dr. Battery

Battery State

99%
    Capacity left (while on Touchstone) 1195mAh
    Temp: 38C/100F
    Voltage: 4.17
    Current 235.31mA

Health
    100% Health
    Man. rating 1218mAh
    Calculated left 1218 mAh

So far overall, look as good as the original, but maybe a bit hot?

(updated after a few more hours on my Touchstone)
    Dr. Battery's not so helpful for the Pre 3. But yeah, this is what everyone else who gets a good battery sees. A quoted 1218 mAh battery. If it's not a dud.

So if you fired it up and it works, likely it'll be just as good as a stock!
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Dr. Battery's not so helpful for the Pre 3. But yeah, this is what everyone else who gets a good battery sees. A quoted 1218 mAh battery. If it's not a dud.

So if you fired it up and it works, likely it'll be just as good as a stock!
    It would appear so... it's actually reached Battery state of 100%... something I've seldom seen.

It worked all day, but do have my phones on a Touchstone at the office, so battery time is while I'm moving around.

But I did spend a bunch of time doing Google maps.. couldn't get the GPS to locate my position all that well, but it was giving this battery a good workout I believe.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast