Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 122
Like Tree14Likes
  1. snowdonia's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #81  
    They have kindly agreed to replace my battery.

    The new replacemetn still shows 1556 mAH, so a bit worried.

    Anyways this timeI will try following mugen's advice as last time my devied simply shut down itself at 15-20% level and could not run the battery flat at all..

    Hope it'll go well.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    OK.. Yes, it might be the batteries at 'fault'.. and I still get the 1556mAh 'health' reading from Dr. Battery..

    BUT.. I am trying something.
    I deliberately ignored the Mugen instructions on 'conditioning' the new battery and let it run completely and utterly flat on the first discharge/charge cycle.

    I also ignored the phone's warnings, until it just went totally dead!

    This then required external charge/power input to re-boot as expected, but I did notice that the initial "?" time (before 'red-line-in-battery' re-charging), was decreased from the 'normal' 10 seconds or so "?" time, with these new 'issue' Mugen batteries.

    So at 25% recharge, I tried taking the phone off charge and manually shutting it down completely.. and then trying a manual restart on it.
    This time it booted normally!
    I tried this with success three times consecutively @ 25% and again three times consecutively at 50%.
    I will try at 75% and 100% also.

    So, just perhaps, first totally discharging this '1556mAh' Mugen, then causes/allows a 'reset' that suits it and/or the Pre3 A6 frimware etc to in turn then read, behave and reboot 'as normal'?

    I will keep playing and report back anyway!

    EDIT: Later - yes, now still reboots OK at 75% & 100% recharge levels also.
    Will try giving the other (first) Mugen '1556mAh' unit the same 'full discharge' treatment too and see what occurs..

    EDIT #2: Even later: Yes.. confirm this works for both Mugen units I have: ie. discharging to 0% in the phone and then recharging in phone so far appears to allow subsequent booting with the same battery from device shut-down, with NO "?"Question"?".
    Seems to be about 15-20 seconds 'power-on' before HP Logo etc. .

    Why? I don't know exactly.. maybe 'Somline' can shed some firmware-mAh-light on it!

    'Eugenio' - if you are willing to repeat this experiment with your Mugen, please let us know the results!

    Thanks!

    I have the same problem described here with the new batteries I received from Mugen in May 2013.

    - Capacity shows up as 1556mAh
    - Phone shutsdown unexpectedly
    - Once its off, need a A/C power to switch it back on. Goes through the whole battery ? cycle a few times before turning on.

    Mugen has kindly agreed to replace the battery. But after reading this thread I am beginning to wonder if it will help.

    I tried what Mutoidi suggested by draining the battery completely and recharged. I noticed a the white battery ? duration reduced as observed by Mutoidi, but unfortunately the random shutdowns and needing A/C power to turn back on hasn't really changed.

    Anyone else tried those suggestions ?
  3. snowdonia's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #83  
    I tried letting the battery drain. And the "?" sign lasts for about 5 seconds now. There are still problems regarding calibration of the battery. I exeperience either random shutdowns or long time on 0% battery.

    I am starting to think there might be a problem with the batch of batteries....
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by roshang View Post
    ctedly
    - Once its off, need a A/C power to switch it back on.
    This really doesn't help you guys, but I used to have this problem intermittently with a Sprintified Pre 2 and stock battery. It would cut out still with plenty of charge. Plug into power to restart and the charge was still there. Very strange.
  5. #85  
    I just received my Mugen. I charged it and noticed it went up to 1750 mah on the first charge. Per instructions, I attempted to allow it to discharge in the phone. It goes below 49 percent according to Dr Battery and it powers off. This happens repeatedly. The mah shows 700 +/- when this occurs, however the volts drop below 3.5. Isn't the voltage supposed to remain above 4?

    I'm thinking I may need to ask for a replacement.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Btravelen View Post
    I just received my Mugen. I charged it and noticed it went up to 1750 mah on the first charge. Per instructions, I attempted to allow it to discharge in the phone. It goes below 49 percent according to Dr Battery and it powers off. This happens repeatedly. The mah shows 700 +/- when this occurs, however the volts drop below 3.5. Isn't the voltage supposed to remain above 4?

    I'm thinking I may need to ask for a replacement.
    Wow - 1750mAh ~ that's way over the rating for these 1400mAh batteries!
    Do you mean that at anywhere below 49% it now randomly powers off on it's own?
    I have only experienced the refusal to reboot from shut down unless external power is applied.

    It seems that at present all the 'replacements' supplied by Mugen are exhibiting the same (or worse!) behaviour - there are now several instances of this here including my own.

    Does anyone know if there is 'firmware' in the actual battery itself - rather than just in the phones (which may not be 'recognising' the higher capacity)? Because if so, this may be where these Mugens are at fault - if not, then clearly there is some chemical or physical fault present in this batch of batteries?

    As stated above, I have already suggested to Mugen that they actually obtain a Pre3 and work from there, but still no response - it seems that they may be more than willing to hand out 'replacements' units at this time, but not to actually physically address this issue 'hands-on'?
    I will try writing again to them.

    I should imagine that their Pre3 'market' is pretty small in comparison, so the question also remains also as to how large this 'batch' is! But if enough of us point this specific issue out to them, and also point out that their 'replacements' are so far no better, they may then hopefully act upon it!

    ?
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 06/07/2013 at 10:09 AM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Does anyone know if there is 'firmware' in the actual battery itself - rather than just in the phones (which may not be 'recognising' the higher capacity)? Because if so, this may be where these Mugens are at fault - if not, then clearly there is some chemical or physical fault present in this batch of batteries?
    There is no actual firmware but the chip inside needs to be "configurated". There are lot of settings which will determine how the battery is working e.g. at what voltage the battery is considered full and when empty. The manufacturer ratting and so on.
    The mentioned example could be a bad manufacturer rating. So the battery is reporting 1750mAh to the os. But unfortunately it is wrong.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    There is no actual firmware but the chip inside needs to be "configurated". There are lot of settings which will determine how the battery is working e.g. at what voltage the battery is considered full and when empty. The manufacturer ratting and so on.
    The mentioned example could be a bad manufacturer rating. So the battery is reporting 1750mAh to the os. But unfortunately it is wrong.
    Great.. thanks 'Somline'.
    I don't know enough about this to know what the difference between applying 'firmware' to and "configurating" a chip, actually are - but I now suspect that there is some sort of internal 'argument' going on between the A6 firmware in the Pre3 and the Mugen's own chip 'configurations'.

    Would that make sense?


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  9. #89  
    Not to interrupt the troubleshooting again, but can *anyone* report a recently purchased (last month) Mugen that isn't part of this bad batch?
  10. #90  
    Below is an email recived today from a 'Dmitry' @ Mugen and my reply.
    This is quite positive and I would encourage anyone experiencing glitches with
    these units to respond directly, even if you should not actually recieve contact from Mugen as suggested here.

    Please see also @: New "Feature", camera flash crashes phone

    ~~~~~

    Dear (Mutoidi),

    Thank you for your email!

    We will send over a email to all Pre3 owners with our batteries and ask about this - this seems to be a very odd issue. Please ask anyone who has it to contact us directly so we can handle the issue according to our warranty procedure.

    Please contact me if you need any additional info: sales @ mugen.hk

    Best Regards,
    Dmitry

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Dear Dmitry,

    Thank you for your positive response.
    Yes.. there appear to be a couple of very 'odd' issues indeed specifically linked to the HP Pre3 and particularly this most recent batch of Mugen HLI-PRE3SL 1400mAh Batteries.
    I will post your message on the webOS Nation Forum for any other members there experiencing these issues, to respond to directly.
    It has been suggested there that the battery configuration/control chip/circuitry is possibly not communicating correctly with the Pre3's A6 power management firmware in webOS V 2.2.4.

    Best Regards & Thanks...

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 06/11/2013 at 05:26 PM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    RumoredNow likes this.
  11. #91  
    Way to take the lead on this, Mutoidi...

    I don't have a Pre 3, but I thank you for helping the community this way.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  12. #92  
    I just found this thread and I'm having issues with my Mugen battery as well! Due to Dr.Battery my battery went up to 1890 mAh once!
    Seems to me like communication issues between phone and battery for it keeps going up though already at 100%! So when draining the battery in normal use it starts at 1890mAh going down which is fault! But percentage stays at 100% as long as it "counts" more than 1440mAh though the battery already drained about 450mAh! Which means it's down to about 990mAh but still showing 100% capacity left!!! I experienced my phone to suddendly freeze not reacting to anything and then turning off without any warning though battery showed to have 53%!

    So I decided not to charge overnight anymore. I am using my Timer app to remind me taking the Pre 3 off the Touchstone in time!

    On the other hand: i can use my phone up to 3 days without charging...
  13. #93  
    I sent mine back today. 'Jan' at Mugen is handling my return. She's been very cordial in our email exchange.

    They'll pay the airmail portion of the shipping. One disconcerting item is that 'Larry' at the shipping office winced when he saw the address. He said that his experience was that it was a crapshoot (my wording) if it would arrive, or be able to be tracked if it was lost. ? He mentioned "third world" but I wouldn't describe Hong Kong as that. He said as long as 90 days to get it delivered. Sheesh..

    if I get a serviceable battery, I'll be happy. The one on the way back to them was not. The communication theory is interesting but mine seemed more like half the battery (maybe physically?) was unavailable. At 50 percent it died and discharged quickly to that point and was 500- 600 mah drain that maybe dropped to 300, and the phone was warm during the process.

    take care
  14. #94  
    Yes.. 'Jan' is cordial.
    When you read their little 'PRPRPR' $leaflet$ $that$ $comes$ $with$ $the$ $units$:
    "..Please do not complain on user sales or forum before having contacted us about your issue.
    Negative comments are damaging for both of us.."
    ..She is clearly employed to be 'cordial'!

    Good luck with eventually recieving your replacement anyhow, but should it then exhibit strange reboot or camera flash behaviours, please assume it is still a part of this apparent 'bad batch' and email Dmitry: 'sales @ mugen.hk' straight away about it!

    It would be good in this instance to wean them off their policy of just 'dishing-out' more replacement batteries in order to keep their customers happy.. especially if they are also all faulty!
    The more consumers with specific HP Pre3 feedback - the more likely Mugen are to actually address our issues for us I feel.

    Thanks!



    Quote Originally Posted by Btravelen View Post
    I sent mine back today. 'Jan' at Mugen is handling my return. She's been very cordial in our email exchange.

    They'll pay the airmail portion of the shipping. One disconcerting item is that 'Larry' at the shipping office winced when he saw the address. He said that his experience was that it was a crapshoot (my wording) if it would arrive, or be able to be tracked if it was lost. ? He mentioned "third world" but I wouldn't describe Hong Kong as that. He said as long as 90 days to get it delivered. Sheesh..

    if I get a serviceable battery, I'll be happy. The one on the way back to them was not. The communication theory is interesting but mine seemed more like half the battery (maybe physically?) was unavailable. At 50 percent it died and discharged quickly to that point and was 500- 600 mah drain that maybe dropped to 300, and the phone was warm during the process.

    take care
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 06/12/2013 at 10:33 PM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    RumoredNow likes this.
  15. snowdonia's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #95  
    I will phone or e-mail them about the issue.

    Has anyone got a new battery that works?

    My replacement does not work (same callibration issues with 1556 mah) and I think it can be better to wait for now and see what is happening..
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdonia View Post
    I will phone or e-mail them about the issue.

    Has anyone got a new battery that works?

    My replacement does not work (same callibration issues with 1556 mah) and I think it can be better to wait for now and see what is happening..
    Do you mean it 'doesn't work' - or that it has booting issues etc?

    I reallly think the best course of action now is for everyone experiencing glitches to initially email Dmitry at 'sales @ mugen.hk' .
    He has asked us to do this.
    Telephoning etc at this point may only 'dilute' the focus and is not recordable in the same way that email can be?
    We can then start telephoning if nothing further occurs as a result of a 'mass-emailing'!

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 06/14/2013 at 06:52 AM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  17. snowdonia's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Do you mean it 'doesn't work' - or that it has booting issues etc?

    I reallly think the best course of action now is for everyone experiencing glitches to initially email Dmitry at 'sales @ mugen.hk' .
    He has asked us to do this.
    Telephoning etc at this point may only 'dilute' the focus and is not recordable in the same way that email can be?
    We can then start telephoning if nothing further occurs as a result of a 'mass-emailing'!


    Yes there are indeed issues with booting and calibration.
    E-mail sent.
  18. #98  
    I sent an email to 'Dmitry' regarding my issue(s) and received a reply from 'Nikoli' that it was referred to engineering. I hope my in-transit return is not replaced with another defective battery.

    Take Care
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Btravelen View Post
    I sent an email to 'Dmitry' regarding my issue(s) and received a reply from 'Nikoli' that it was referred to engineering. I hope my in-transit return is not replaced with another defective battery.

    Take Care
    Sounds like the place is now full of Russian Technicians!
    If your in transit replacement show the same 'faulty' symptoms - We start getting the Big Guns out, I reckon!
    Let us know!


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  20. Jimbode's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #100  
    I replied to the "returns" email I got from them stating my concerns about the state of my replacement battery.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions