Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    I did the first of the drain and charge cycle, and has significantly improved life compared to yesterday. I pulled my charger today and yesterday at the same time, I ran to 10% around 2PM yesterday, but now I'm still going.

Two more cycles to go...
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    If a reliable standalone spare battery charger ever becomes available I can sell my spare Pre3 and get the Mugen battery

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Don't think anyone will build a dedicated charger. I'm planning to try those universal Li-Ion Chargers: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/universal-cell-phone-lithium-battery-charger-with-usb-power-port-us-100v-220v-32430
    Quote Originally Posted by zapgadget View Post
    Hi, here in France I received mine 3 days ago. I've been through two charge/discharge cycles. I'm clearly getting better battery life because I have to aggressively run a 3D games for an hour or more to discharge it before I go to bed.

One interesting thing is that Dr Battery shows 1218mA, which is not significantly more than my stock battery, although the capacity is clearly better.
    I ordered 3 Batteries (1 for my Sister, 1 for me and the third for emergencies).

So far I could try two of those batteries. The first was recognised as 1460 mAh by Dr.Battery and had a significantly (10%+) noticeable longer capacity. Now that it's in the Pre 3 of my sister she gets one whole more day out of her Pre 3 (as she usually lost around 14 to 17% per day and now only 10 to 14%).

The second battery on the other hand only shows 1218 mAh at Dr.Battery. I'am now on my second run and will check how it performs. For now it seams to me that it also lasts a bit longer, but I also had an issue that my phone is turning off at around 4% charge automatically. Later (after the 5 full recharge cycles) I will check the third one
    I got mine yesterday morning. I charged it up and Dr.Battery showed 1460mAh. It is now more than 12 hr since the last charge, it is at about 75%. It works pretty good from my book.

Have a good day.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    will these not work in a pre2?
    No - This is for Pre3. The contacts are at the top ( not on the side).

Pre2 uses the same battery as all Pre, Pre+, Pre-. You can get the oem battery for around $3 from Amazon/Marketplace.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I have three of these batteries. One for a business partner and one for my wife in addition to my own. My battery charges to 1470 by Dr. Battery and is wonderful. It only went to 1470 on the third charge and was at 1460 for the first two charge cycles.
    Has anyone done a calibration cycle using Dr. Battery and is that necessary? Will that have a negative effect? Somline, are you able to comment if you read this?
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    I do not think it is possible to calibrate the Pre3 battery using Dr. Battery as the app does not support Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    I do not think it is possible to calibrate the Pre3 battery using Dr. Battery as the app does not support Pre3.
    I have it installed on mine and it does show health and is sized to the screen, but I have not used the calibration feature. I have pm'd somline (app's developer) to comment and am expecting to hear back soon. Also the change log in the app info for version 0.1.5 does reference the Pre 3, albeit "cosmetic changes" (screen sizing I assume). Do you have a Pre 3, mugen or this app because it appears to work just fine on my ATT device?
    According to Dr. Battery calibration is not supported on the Pre3. However, I have completed 3 discharge/charge cycles on my mugen battery and have definitely noticed improved battery life when compared to the stock battery. Max capacity listed in Dr. Battery is 1460 mAh. Also, a lot of people commented on it being a tight fit, but mine just slipped in with very little effort.
    To make it clear here as well:
    Since HP changed the way the kernel communicates to the battery chip Dr.Battery is unable to help calibrating or writing anything to the battery chip in the Veer, Pre3 and TouchPad.
    The cosmetic change is that dr.b now runs in full screen and landscape on all devices.

Interesting how different the manufacturer rating on these batteries is?
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    To make it clear here as well:
    Since HP changed the way the kernel communicates to the battery chip Dr.Battery is unable to help calibrating or writing anything to the battery chip in the Veer, Pre3 and TouchPad.
    The cosmetic change is that dr.b now runs in full screen and landscape on all devices.

Interesting how different the manufacturer rating on these batteries is?
    Well, so far I only saw values of 1218 or 1460 mAh. I could check the third batterie and it was also 1460 mAh, so two out of three were 1460 mAh and one only 1218... much better then what I got with my old Seidio back then (three out of three were only 1150 mAh even though they had a better rating and were marketed as "Premium").

What I have also noticed is, that Dr.Battery says that at 100% the battery has 4.15V instead of the 3.7V written on the battery.

I guess I should have expected it, as there are not many different ways how they could have crammed so much more Energy inside of them

Still this also means that these batteries should have a lower life-expectation (losing their health faster) than the standard-batteries.
    Mine is reporting 1460 as well, also after the 4 conditioning cycles battery life seemed to be good this morning. Off charger for about 45 minutes, 30ish minutes of streaming Dr. Podder over BT, was still showing 100% when I got to work.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Just received mine today, will run it through a charge cycle tonight. Woohoo!
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Put mine in yesterday and charged overnight. It's going to take a while to meet these charging cycle recommendations. Ten hours after I started using it, it's still at 58%. No touchstone; only one 5 minute USB to add a file. I'm a light user (virtually all email and data), but so far so good!

BTW, mine reports 1460 as well.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Alright, its been nine days now It got hard to finish the regimen because taking it off charge at 6 AM and waiting till I go to bed to put it on charge was only getting me down to about 40% at bedtime.

I, occasionally, have to be on call overnight and when I am I keep my phone by the bed and dont charge. Consumption during the wee hours drops to 2 or 3 mA. It goes all night without losing much power, even if the phone is ringing every 20 minutes. Now, the usual call lasts only a moment:

Me: Good Evening, you are where?
    Them: APD Zone 5 CID
    Me: ok, I'll be on your computer video conference in a sec. Good Bye.

I musta had 25 of the other night. Still 30% at 6 AM shift end.

I am a happy camper, thanks Mugen. NFI YMMV. Today my phone has been "up" since 6 AM, 13 hours and I am at 63% remaining.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Hello,

I did a complete cycle charge on my Mugen SL battery for five times. The battery lasts me almost two full days before it's under 10% charge. That's a somewhat better performance than the original HP battery. Yesterday I charged it over night with the TouchStone for the first time. In the morning Dr. Battery read a 33C/91F temperature, which I think is not too bad...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I've had my Mugen SL for just over a week now. I've been trying to get through the initial 5 full 8-12 hour charge cycles, though have experienced the issue where the battery discharges while plugged in. This happens every time I've left the battery on charge, even overnight. As an example, the charge this morning was 36% after being plugged in overnight.

Dr. Battery shows the manufacturer capacity as 1218mAh, though I've seen the battery reach up to 1435mAh, displaying 100% from the time it reaches +-1200mAh charge.

I've still diligently kept the battery plugged in to the wall, using an HP/Palm charger and cable for at least 8 hours every time I've plugged it in, after the phone shuts down. I've also tried 2 different Palm chargers, and have never experienced this issue with the original Pre3 battery with either of these chargers.

Any thoughts on how to remedy this situation before I contact Mugen to help?
    Quote Originally Posted by mocarey View Post
    I've still diligently kept the battery plugged in to the wall, using an HP/Palm charger and cable for at least 8 hours every time I've plugged it in, after the phone shuts down. I've also tried 2 different Palm chargers, and have never experienced this issue with the original Pre3 battery with either of these chargers.
    How did you charge the Mugen battery? Did you use an external charger? If so, which one?

By what you describe it looks like your battery is defective. I would contact Mugen, explain your problem and ask for a replacement battery.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast