Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Awesome! Using App Tuckerbox, I just updated Quick Office to Tpad version (Quick Office HD).
    Now I'm able to save, edit spreadsheets, and even got the print option (Not tested, yet).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vity Traff; 01/10/2012 at 10:09 AM.
    How on earth did you find it? I searched QuickOffice and all I found was the package already installed.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Can you see your documents/spreadsheets in the list? Mine is just blank under My Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    check "ignore device" in preware, reload feed list and see the update
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by virseph View Post
    Can you see your documents/spreadsheets in the list? Mine is just blank under My Touchpad.
    Me neither, but I use Internalz. They are saved under /media/internal
    o_O that's awesome!
    the wonders of Enyo..

i shall try it on my Pre2, after backing up QO of course!
    wow, it works.
    doesnt really fit well though...

edit 2: it works ok, some rotating back-and-forth is needed to access everything though
    Last edited by xandros9; 01/10/2012 at 07:43 PM.
    Can it coexist with the stock QuickOffice ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    no, perhaps if the app file was renamed...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    No, the update will replace phone version by QO HD. You may reinstall the stock one via delete app and reboot
    Unable to load stuff was a dealbreaker. So I switched back. But then the old version practically doesn't open anything... keeps throwing me "Error Processing the document" for almost everything. Definitely not just my phone since my Pre- AND Veer does the same thing.

If only Picsel Smart Office can be configured as the default handler for files...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I installed QuickOffice HD on my Pre3 by accident and it doesn't work at all. How did you get it to work from a usability standpoint?

-Jeremy
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I installed QuickOffice HD on my Pre3 by accident and it doesn't work at all. How did you get it to work from a usability standpoint?

-Jeremy
    What do you mean by "doesnt work at all"? Can you open docs? The start screen is a lil jerky, you have to rotate it to fit well. Anyway the only option usable there is the create new doc button. As I said I cant access doc list from the start screen. For that I use Internalz Pro (the default path for saved docs is /media/internal/). For attachements just tap them they will be launched automatically. You can pinch to zoom or rotate for a better view. I dunno for you but I find it pretty usable and a way better from the basic QO with no way to save edit, save or create a new doc.
    If you want to revert to phone version just delete it and reboot, the normal version should be reinstalled.
    xandros9 likes this.
    What about printing? Has that been tested?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    What about printing? Has that been tested?
    Hi I can print Google docs from Pre 3 using Google Cloud Print and appropriate HP printer.

... Just a thought.. Would be sweet if there could be a patch added to have Google cloud print added to email options on Pre 3. This way we can print at least gmail or similar.

you can currently go into the web gmail and change to desktop version and print option is there but does not seem to work to well..

Thanks,
    Paul_D
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_D View Post
    Hi I can print Google docs from Pre 3 using Google Cloud Print and appropriate HP printer.

... Just a thought.. Would be sweet if there could be a patch added to have Google cloud print added to email options on Pre 3. This way we can print at least gmail or similar.

you can currently go into the web gmail and change to desktop version and print option is there but does not seem to work to well..

Thanks,
    Paul_D
    As long as you own a compatible printer, why dont you just use HP ePrint??
    Quote Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
    As long as you own a compatible printer, why dont you just use HP ePrint??
    slightly off topic... Anyone know when HP ePrint app available for Pre3? I can send to printer using email but I thought that webOS was going to have special app?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryldctx View Post
    slightly off topic... Anyone know when HP ePrint app available for Pre3? I can send to printer using email but I thought that webOS was going to have special app?
    To date, it's only available for iOS & Android and nothing is expected for webOS soon..
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    To date, it's only available for iOS & Android and nothing is expected for webOS soon..
    Shame on HP...
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    lol isn't that messed up? They (HP) don't even make apps for their own products but the competition they are all for it.
    After all HP needs to sell a lot of printers to afford the webOs adventure.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast