Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    zagg
    Naked

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Well well well... this would be an interesting hw to port webos onto (since it has an hw gesture area)

From the datasheet

3.8" 800x480
    cpu 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 (isn't the same as the pre3?)
    512mb ram - 8gb ssd
    1gb ram - 16gb ssd (2 variants)
    8.0Mp camera
    gesture area

quite a bit of similarities, I would say....
    Last edited by mazzinia; 01/09/2012 at 11:56 AM.
    I'm more interested in someone taking the skin and shoving it onto nicer phones. This Lenovo phone doesn't seem to offer a whole lot more than the Pre3 and without a keyboard. Now if I could one of these new gen 720p/LTE phones running ICS with a launcher that closely resembles WebOS I'd drop my pre3 overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielD99 View Post
    I'm more interested in someone taking the skin and shoving it onto nicer phones. This Lenovo phone doesn't seem to offer a whole lot more than the Pre3 and without a keyboard. Now if I could one of these new gen 720p/LTE phones running ICS with a launcher that closely resembles WebOS I'd drop my pre3 overnight.
    The point is that webos and android are different as architecture, and a similar launcher would just be a visual trick
    I understand they are different architectures. With the large amount of apps in android and the continuing development of the platform it is much more appealing long term. However, as far as multitasking and general OS navigation, webOS kicks android badly. Also, I'm no dev, but I have a feeling that borrowing webOS style launcher and putting it on android will be easier than getting a full port of webOS on some nice hardware with a bigger screen.
    there are already apps to mimic some of the best webOS parts such as multitask (ICS) and wave launcher. Shouldn't be too difficult to make a webOS look launcher