Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I know finding the Pre 3 is very difficult because of its botched launch, but would anybody be able/willing to point me in the right direction?

I switched back to AT&T from Sprint after my launch model Pre finally kicked the can over the summer. I switched to Android with the Samsung Infuse because of the lack of compelling Palm hardware on my top 2 carriers of choice (I was holding out for the Pre 3 launch and when I heard of the cancellation I switched).

I'm wondering if anyone can help me find out where I can get a reasonably priced Pre 3 that would work with AT&T's HSPA+ network. I'm growing tired of Android and my Infuse and the list of bugs and issues that is slowly growing as I use the phone more and more.

Can anyone help a webOS head that wants to go back to the best OS on the market?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Marketplace on here or ebay
    not many no more on ebay. Way over priced if I must say.
    craigslist
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Go to eBay. There are still enough there if all you need is one (or two, if you want a backup), right? The prices have gone up a bit from the fall, but they're still way cheaper than when I got my first one in September. I'm sure you already know this, but make sure you're getting the 16gb at&t one and not the 8gb UK (or EU) one. Search for both "HP Pre 3" and "HP Palm Pre 3".

Bring it to your local at&t store and they should set everything up for you. At least that's what they did for me. Took only minutes. Make sure to tell them it's a 4g phone so they can set it up properly.

I got mine activated in late October and I've never looked back. I bought a second one recently as "insurance".

Good luck!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    I've got a new, in box AT&T Pre 3 I'd be willing to sell. Never used it. Picked it up when I wasn't sure if I would ever land a Verizon Pre 3. But, I did and it has been sitting in my office in the box ever since.
    ebay or craigslist in the bay area.
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    Bring it to your local at&t store and they should set everything up for you. At least that's what they did for me. Took only minutes. Make sure to tell them it's a 4g phone so they can set it up properly.
    Might not even need to go into the store, I just put my SIM in and was good to go. Just depends on if current SIM is setup for 4G, also can get 4G setup over the phone is you have a good ATT SIM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Might not even need to go into the store, I just put my SIM in and was good to go. Just depends on if current SIM is setup for 4G, also can get 4G setup over the phone is you have a good ATT SIM.
    You're right. I'm a novice at switching carriers and never dealt with SIM cards before. I was switching from Sprint and wanted to make sure I was doing it right.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    You're right. I'm a novice at switching carriers and never dealt with SIM cards before. I was switching from Sprint and wanted to make sure I was doing it right.
    All my SIM knowledge has come since July, was on sprint for about a decade before I made the switch to ATT.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...