Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    The small chrome piece inside the "P" on the HP logo on my back cover came off, and somehow I managed to save that piece. I've tried epoxy, but it comes right off, the glue doesn't bond to the metal.

What kind of glue can I use to stick that piece back on to the cover?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    ha...i actually took the h and p off my back cover on purpose. I think it looks so much better without the chrome piece and at this point i dont need to advertise for HP since its not like they are selling these phones anymore!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    p41m3r likes this.
    Yeah, that HP logo was one of the main reasons I never wanted a Pre 3. But would you mind telling how you removed it? Acetone?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    try silicone
    Quote Originally Posted by RfromR View Post
    Yeah, that HP logo was one of the main reasons I never wanted a Pre 3. But would you mind telling how you removed it? Acetone?
    just take a thin knife (like a butter knife or a swiss army knife) and just try to pry it off. Was very simple and very low tech
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  6.    #6  
    I thought about that too. I saw it's tape under it just that I don't know what type of tape. Removing it gives it the same appearance as the embossed logo on the TouchPad's case.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

try rubber cement or contact cement
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 01/08/2012 at 11:18 AM.
    e-gadget-guy likes this.
    I'd just use a small bit of superglue/cyanoacrylate.
    Mine came off too, it was the perfect excuse to just peel the chrome logo off, it looks so much better now...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I'd just use a small bit of superglue/cyanoacrylate.
    That's what I thought so I went out and bought a tube. Glued up my fingers for a bit but it's all fixed! I hope it doesn't fall out again otherwise the glue probably ate into the black plastic so it'll be horribly ugly.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    mine came off too . So funny no idea where it is.my god I just put it together that's why Leo cancelled pre 3 before release . He heard of the faulty logo and decided to save the company embarrassment , smart guy leo
    Last edited by modelnet; 01/09/2012 at 01:00 AM.
    p41m3r likes this.
    Just as a curiosity.. are all the people here experiencing the logo detachment issue having an AT&T unit or ?

(Just trying to figure if this could be considered a problem for every unit, or only for specific variants)
    my VZW launch day Pre+ Palm logo is doing fine. Great, now that I said that, watch it fall off now
  14.    #14  
    Actually I take that back. Fell out today, and I think I lost it. Think I'll go home and pry the HP out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Actually I take that back. Fell out today, and I think I lost it. Think I'll go home and pry the HP out.
    good grief HP's quality is crap... I just looked at my Pre3 to see what bit of chrome you meant, and just lighty touched the bit in the P and it moved! I nudged it back straight again, but I'm sure it'll fall out soon. Let us know how yours looks with the entire chrome logo removed.
    Took me 3 seconds to remove that crap.
    Too bad they attached Leo to the planet with slightly better glue.
    Would've been nice if he'd dropped off the minute he was born.
    again I wonder if you all have AT&T Pre3 units (aka if this is an issue related to the back covers of the AT&T units... back cover that I think is different as material - composition - whatever from the EU unbranded model(s)
    yes, mine is an at&t pre3.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I just noticed the inside of my 'P' is slanted and ready to come off anytime!

my pre2 the 'M' got bent/ripped off by the magnets of my touchstone for whatever reason.

and my old pre minus is perfect lol
    Plastic Surgery super glue. Works better than regular super glue.
    I like the chrome piece on the back but it's wearing off and I can see the brass underneath.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast