Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Well, when I leave in 2G, the power drain is low...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    the phone is in 2G since the day I unboxed it.. never needed to have 3G on since I don't have a data plan
    Ok now , I have conclusion about battery drains fast on my Preł.
    I tested uninstall all patches, and back using default kernel, the result still the same (battery drain fast).
    Second test is, turn off data, bluetooth, wifi and gps, but leave the radio on, the result still the same.
    Third test is, turn on airplane mode, that's mean no wireless on including radio, and the result is almost 2 hours the battery not drop at all, it still show same %.

So my conclusion is, my signal radio on preł not good that make battery drain fast.
    I think this may differs from other people here, but I suggest you do test any possibility like what I did to solve the problem.
    I recently used Govnah to attempt to drop the speed on the stock kernel to 600MHz. Seems like I barely notice a difference in the unit's speed, and the battery lasts much longer.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I was noticing increased battery drain since the 2.2.4 update, until yesterday when I installed 2 patches - Disk Cache Mod and System Control Optimization.

Obviously it's only been 24 hours, but I've already noticed battery drain seems noticably constant now at about 3.5% per hour. Before these patches my average was about 6% an hour.

I'll report back with further findings.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I was noticing increased battery drain since the 2.2.4 update, until yesterday when I installed 2 patches - Disk Cache Mod and System Control Optimization.

Obviously it's only been 24 hours, but I've already noticed battery drain seems noticably constant now at about 3.5% per hour. Before these patches my average was about 6% an hour.

I'll report back with further findings.
    3.5% under usage or at idle ? wifi etc on or ?
    Sorry its an average of 3.5% over the day with Wifi on & standard usage (ie. Some browsing, plenty of texts etc.)

I took the phone off the touchstone at 8am this morning and now at 22:30 its still at 45% power! Looking good so far....
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Sorry its an average of 3.5% over the day with Wifi on & standard usage (ie. Some browsing, plenty of texts etc.)

I took the phone off the touchstone at 8am this morning and now at 22:30 its still at 45% power! Looking good so far....
    Do you install uberkernel and/or any screen sensitivity enhancer patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Do you install uberkernel and/or any screen sensitivity enhancer patches?
    No uberkernal installed. I do have Mojo Flick Regulator and Mojo Tap Responsiveness installed though.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I have all of my Mojo patches and Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness installed on mine and no problems.
    There may be an issue with an old version of Mojo FPS Booster where the targetFPS is set too high, but I'm not sure if the update actually made it into Preware :s could someone with FPS Booster send me a copy of their /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework383.jsjsjs $so$ $I$ $can$ $check$ $please$?
    I can't see 'Increase Touch Sensitivity & Smoothness' in my Preware feed - has it been updated for 2.2.4?
    Hmm, possibly not. I think I installed it from the 2.2.3 patch feed. Curious that Mau hasn't updated it actually, I let him know it was compatible the day the update was released.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Same problem here. The battery drains over 10% an hour even if the device sitting on the table with no programs running. How should I go hunting for the reason? I was ready to ditch the phone because of the poor battery life, but I'd rather keep it if there's a fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I have all of my Mojo patches and Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness installed on mine and no problems.
    There may be an issue with an old version of Mojo FPS Booster where the targetFPS is set too high, but I'm not sure if the update actually made it into Preware :s could someone with FPS Booster send me a copy of their /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework383.jsjsjs $so$ $I$ $can$ $check$ $please$?
    I experience the battery drain issue (about 10%/hour) discussed here and have the Mojo FPS Booster patch installed. Attaching the requested file to check out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    it could be a modem firmware, the way it talks to the network...
    Like this one Nokia Siemens Networks works to improve device battery life | Nokia Siemens Networks
    What patches/kernel are you running? My battery life is pretty good at 1.6ghz with a few things installed, so I might be able to help narrow it down.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    What patches/kernel are you running? My battery life is pretty good at 1.6ghz with a few things installed, so I might be able to help narrow it down.
    I am running uberkernel with little or no overclocking and most of the Advanced system patches +
    bookmarks tile button
    disable light sensitive dimming
    disk cache mod
    email mega mix
    hyper card animations
    google sync behaviours
    increased touch sensitivity
    max blocker
    mojo flick regulator
    mojo speedy switch
    mojo tap redponsiveness
    muffle system logging
    remove tap ripple
    system control optimization
    ubercalendar
    unthrottle download manager

This problem suddenly emerged less than a week ago and I can't remember if or what I installed at that time. Before that I had had a period with tremendous battery life, battery could still be at 100% after a couple of hours. Today 86% after 1.5 hours mostly idling.

Govnah shows cpu frequency jumping up and down a lot, but I haven't been able to detect any rouge processes in JStop.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Although I have a Pre2, I experience the same problems after the 2.2.4
    While airplane mode has a drain <1%, things change with radio on.
    I used to leave the phone with radio on (no wifi, 3G, GPS etc) and lose about 1% per hour overnight.
    Now this is about 3-5%.
    Wifi makes it about >7% and 3G >10%. I even get values around 12-15%.
    All these are values per hour with none to minimal use (just turning on the screen for a few seconds to check out).
    I must say that the signal is good. I know all about notifications, screen brightness etc, but the thing is that the phone behavior has changed.

In my case, I have the feeling that something is running on the background. This feeling is enhanced by the fact that the Power button doesnt turn the screen off always and also the screen turns on by itself sometimes.

I'll have to try some of the advices in this topic to see if anything changes.
    I have doctored my pre3, and did not reinstall Skype. I have got an Exchange account, Facebook, Google, AIM (keep it offline), one IMAP email, and LinkedIn.
    Experiencing 3.5%/hr now, which is acceptable. Unfortunately I did not run Battery monitor prior to 2.2.4 update (when it was 2.2.3) so I cannot compare directly, but it seems comparable now, considering that I did not tweak email sync times not screen dimming nor CPU downthrottle (that would require non-vanilla kernel and some patches).
    I believe that battery consumption will also depend on number and type of the accounts you have (and their sync period, and types of info synced) since it's WEBos, after all...
    When I had updated to 2.2.4 I almost immediately installed Skype so it could also have been a culprit. No Skype on my pre3 now. Also no NavIt (NavIt maps) - could its daemon have used GPS in background?
    Last edited by cubeover; 01/21/2012 at 02:02 AM.
    amblh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoqv View Post
    I experience the battery drain issue (about 10%/hour) discussed here and have the Mojo FPS Booster patch installed. Attaching the requested file to check out.
    I found the Mojo FPS Booster increased battery drain for me significantly (this was before the update to 2.2.4) so I've never used it since.

I can re-iterate that System Control Optimisation and Disk Cache Mod have vastly improved my battery life. I used to go to bed with the battery in the red (around 10% or less) before these patches and now it's always between 20% (a couple of long phone calls during the day) and 40% (last night after standard use).
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast