webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > bluetooth connection issues
bluetooth connection issues

Old 01/07/2012, 07:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

I have a bluetooth headset and my car has a bluetooth connection. With both of these, I am getting intermittent but regular dropouts when I am dialed in and talking to others.

the symptoms are that every 30 seconds to 1 minute, it appears to drop the connection and I cannot hear what is being said. After about 3-4 seconds, it all comes back again - until the next time.

Has anyone else seen this? My pre-3 is running 2.2.4. I don't remember it doing this with 2.2.0.

Alan
alan sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2012, 08:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

I got 3 or 4 calls while using my bt headset (after the OTA to 2.2.4) , and I don't remember any issue

Lot of patches installed ?
mazzinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2012, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Not many patches (if any). I'll check. Could just be my phone. I've just bought one for my wife - I may "borrow" that.....

Alan
alan sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2012, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
I have a bluetooth headset and my car has a bluetooth connection. With both of these, I am getting intermittent but regular dropouts when I am dialed in and talking to others.

the symptoms are that every 30 seconds to 1 minute, it appears to drop the connection and I cannot hear what is being said. After about 3-4 seconds, it all comes back again - until the next time.

Has anyone else seen this? My pre-3 is running 2.2.4. I don't remember it doing this with 2.2.0.

Alan
I see the same issue, since 2.2.4, with a Plantronics headset or my car's Bluetooth. Sort of reminds me of a DHCP lease expire/renew. Very annoying! It won't occur for an hour or more, then occur 3 times in 5 minutes. No patches installed since 2.2.4.

The only other explanation is a"feature" offered only to users named "Alan"!
Old 01/26/2012, 09:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Well it is the same for petes!!!!!

I have a 09 malibu with bluetooth in it. I can pair up just fine the first time but then after i turn the car off and back on it won't find the phone again and vice versa. It shows connected but then drops and the calls aren't transferred over to it. I also have a periphial electronics gateway with a bt adapter on it and it won't connect to it at all. Soon as it connects it drops out!!!!

Really annoying. Some patches installed here but not much!
pchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2012, 02:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan sh View Post

Alan
I seem to be experiencing the "Dropping BT connection" problem.

Been running Pre+ and Pre2 for ages - n such problems.

Pre3 - seems after a few minutes, it just drops the BT connection. My car comes up with an option to reconnect/transfer the call, but it only reconnects for a few seconds, drops again, etc.

Anyone seen anymore on this? Is this a Pre3 H/Ware issue?

russ
russraff32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2012, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have been using my Pre 3's bluetooth with a Pioneer head unit in my car for over 6 months now and have not had an issue with drop offs, works great. . My Pre 3 is running 2.2.4 with many patches but no uberkernel installed.
netwrkr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2012, 07:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm using a jabra stereo bt head unit, and 0 issues with the pre3
mazzinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
I have been using my Pre 3's bluetooth with a Pioneer head unit in my car for over 6 months now and have not had an issue with drop offs, works great. . My Pre 3 is running 2.2.4 with many patches but no uberkernel installed.
Which pioneer head unit? Have you used a2dp streaming on it? Does it work?

My OEM head unit streamed fine, but connecting was always problematic voodoo.

Just bought a pioneer 3500bhs, and the pairing and phone functions work flawlessly. Streaming, however, is awful. Stuttering like with nothing else.

I have a set of headphones that work fine, and the old head unit was fine. This combination, however, is giving me no joy for streaming audio from the phone to listen to music or podcasts.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0