1.    #1  
    I am using unlocked ATT Pre3. I installed the skype got from other doctor package before it's available through the app catalog and it works fine. Now that the skype is available through the apps store and i am thinking to uninstall mine and install the skype from the apps store. However, i could not uninstall it. Anyone got an idea? Thanks a lot!

or simply not necessary?

Thanks a lot.
    you have the Skype from the app catalogue. When a new version becomes available... you should be able to just update
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
  3.    #3  
    Okay, here is what i did through "reverse engineering" which works fine so far:

1. delete my skype acct in "accounts";

2. in /usr/palm/public/accounts/, delete folder"com.palm.app.skype";

3. in /usr/palm/applications/, delete com.palm.app.skype;

4. restart the luna. the phone looks "clearn"

then installed the Skype through apps store.

So far, works fine. The difference is that i found "skype search 1.0.3" in software manager.

fyi.