Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I got some generic, oversized ZAGG screen protectors and want to cut them to fit my Pre 3. What do I need to be careful NOT to cover?

There's a speaker grill at the top of the device, and a small circle to the right of that which I assume is the front-facing camera. I'm assuming I don't want to cover those.

What about a microphone? I can't see a mic so I don't know if it's on the glass or below.

Thanks in advance!
    Mic is below the keyboard.
    You *may* have problems with the proximity sensor. Some screen protectors cut it out (from what I have heard). My original Pre screen protector covered it, and never had a problem. No screen protectors on Pre3 or Veers (yet), Pre2s have "factory" screen protector, no problems.

I have heard of people having to remove a screen protector due to proximity sensor malfunction multiple times though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts
    Zagg makes some hideous screen protectors. The orange peel texture is unacceptable. The Pre 3 display is made out of Gorilla Glass and there's no need to ruin it with a Zagg screen cover.
    HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    HP Touchpad
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    My Skinomi has a rectangle to the right of the camera, presumably for the proximity sensor...

Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    When applied properly skinomi covers are gorgeous. I have tried at least 6 different types now and they are the best. The one on my Pre 3 fits perfect and has no orange peel effect. Would highly recommend one to people that are rough with phones. I have scratched screens before that are supposedly scratch resistant.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I didn't know there was a Skinomi screen protector (there wasn't when I looked a couple of months ago). I'm going to hold off on the custom cut and try Skinomi first. Thanks for the feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I didn't know there was a Skinomi screen protector (there wasn't when I looked a couple of months ago). I'm going to hold off on the custom cut and try Skinomi first. Thanks for the feedback!
    It's under HP... I was looking at Palm, felt stupid.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielD99 View Post
    Would highly recommend one to people that are rough with phones. I have scratched screens before that are supposedly scratch resistant.
    Don't jiggle sand in your pocket with your phone please.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I found zagg pretty good and custom made for pre 3 a search here will give link
    Haha i actually do jiggle sand in my pocket - but I do environmental work so sampling soil all day is pretty standard for me. It is nearly impossible to avoid getting it in my pocket and I really really dont like belt style pocket/holder things. So yeah screen protector for me is good.

Also scratched a galaxy S screen by dropping it on my gravel driveway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielD99 View Post
    Haha i actually do jiggle sand in my pocket - but I do environmental work so sampling soil all day is pretty standard for me. It is nearly impossible to avoid getting it in my pocket and I really really dont like belt style pocket/holder things. So yeah screen protector for me is good.

Also scratched a galaxy S screen by dropping it on my gravel driveway.
    I don't yet have a screen protector on my Pre3 and this really wouldn't help you. But I use a cheap generic BB softcase to hold my Pre3 for when it goes in my pocket for extra protection.