Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Zahid's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
       #1  
    I got some generic, oversized ZAGG screen protectors and want to cut them to fit my Pre 3. What do I need to be careful NOT to cover?

    There's a speaker grill at the top of the device, and a small circle to the right of that which I assume is the front-facing camera. I'm assuming I don't want to cover those.

    What about a microphone? I can't see a mic so I don't know if it's on the glass or below.

    Thanks in advance!
  2. #2  
    Mic is below the keyboard.
  3. #3  
    You *may* have problems with the proximity sensor. Some screen protectors cut it out (from what I have heard). My original Pre screen protector covered it, and never had a problem. No screen protectors on Pre3 or Veers (yet), Pre2s have "factory" screen protector, no problems.

    I have heard of people having to remove a screen protector due to proximity sensor malfunction multiple times though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4. jd914's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts
    #4  
    Zagg makes some hideous screen protectors. The orange peel texture is unacceptable. The Pre 3 display is made out of Gorilla Glass and there's no need to ruin it with a Zagg screen cover.
    HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    HP Touchpad
  5. shrxwin's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    #5  
    My Skinomi has a rectangle to the right of the camera, presumably for the proximity sensor...

    Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  6. #6  
    When applied properly skinomi covers are gorgeous. I have tried at least 6 different types now and they are the best. The one on my Pre 3 fits perfect and has no orange peel effect. Would highly recommend one to people that are rough with phones. I have scratched screens before that are supposedly scratch resistant.
  7. Zahid's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
       #7  
    I didn't know there was a Skinomi screen protector (there wasn't when I looked a couple of months ago). I'm going to hold off on the custom cut and try Skinomi first. Thanks for the feedback!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I didn't know there was a Skinomi screen protector (there wasn't when I looked a couple of months ago). I'm going to hold off on the custom cut and try Skinomi first. Thanks for the feedback!
    It's under HP... I was looking at Palm, felt stupid.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9. Fatfool's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielD99 View Post
    Would highly recommend one to people that are rough with phones. I have scratched screens before that are supposedly scratch resistant.
    Don't jiggle sand in your pocket with your phone please.
  10. modelnet's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #10  
    I found zagg pretty good and custom made for pre 3 a search here will give link
  11. #11  
    Haha i actually do jiggle sand in my pocket - but I do environmental work so sampling soil all day is pretty standard for me. It is nearly impossible to avoid getting it in my pocket and I really really dont like belt style pocket/holder things. So yeah screen protector for me is good.

    Also scratched a galaxy S screen by dropping it on my gravel driveway.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielD99 View Post
    Haha i actually do jiggle sand in my pocket - but I do environmental work so sampling soil all day is pretty standard for me. It is nearly impossible to avoid getting it in my pocket and I really really dont like belt style pocket/holder things. So yeah screen protector for me is good.

    Also scratched a galaxy S screen by dropping it on my gravel driveway.
    I don't yet have a screen protector on my Pre3 and this really wouldn't help you. But I use a cheap generic BB softcase to hold my Pre3 for when it goes in my pocket for extra protection.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions