1.    #1  
    I used to have an optionXpress app which worked quite well on my original pre but is not available for the pre 3. I thought apps that worked in 1.4.5 could still work in later versions of webOS. Any way to find that app and get it loaded onto my pre 3?
    I would like an answer for this as well..especially with all the gameloft apps that I purchased.
    if you had this app through preware, just enable a 1.4.5 feed (or disable the version checking within preware: "settings" -> "ignore device type").

if you have it through the app catalog, all you can do is have somebody mail the ipg to you.

once you got hold on a copy, you have to try it out.
  4.    #4  
    old pre app catalog with a pre 3?
    or maybe can the apps on their make there way into preware at some point?

If anyone has the ipg for the optionsXpress app or can go get it for me, I'd appreciate it a ton.

Thanks
    optionsXpress Mobile by OptionsXpress - WebOS | Quixey

is this one ? Have you tried sending them an email ? (being a free app, they should not have a lot of issues to provide you the package to download, imo, or add it to the pre3 catalog... even if the screen is not fully used, we can always fix it by hand, all in all)
    Last edited by mazzinia; 01/06/2012 at 07:42 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Yep, that's the one.
    I had it on my pre but when I upgraded to my pre 3 it's not available for the pre 3.

I can see about sending them an email. Thanks for thanks for the advice
    There is an easy and hard way to do this. If you know the filename of the app (ex palm youtube app is "com.palm.youtube" then you can install Impostah on your phone and go to App Catalog section and enter the app filename there and download it to the device. \

This only works for free apps. The harder method is as follows:

1) Dig out an old Pre and Metadoctor it to just work on wifi only, or get a friends Pre

2) Go to the app catalog and download the apps that arent on your Pre3

3) Download internalz and navigate to "media/cryptofs/apps/user/palm/applications" and find the folder for the app.

4) Copy the entire app folder to your USB partition (media/internal)

5) Download it onto your computer and install ipk packager. (Ipk Packager)

6) Add the folder to ipk packager and it will automatically know what to name the package from details in the app folder

7) Install the IPK on your Pre3

Some apps just wont work on webos 2.2.X but most will and its just an issue with the app catalog
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Is that free for anyone yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    isn't it for paid applications only?
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Is that free for anyone yet?
    From first page of linked thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Documentation here: App Tuckerbox Documentation

Follow @apptuckerbox on Twitter.

App Tuckerbox is currently in a public beta testing phase. To qualify to be part of the beta testing group, you must have purchased at least 20 webOS applications.

You can use Preware -> Impostah -> App Catalog -> Show Purchased Apps to determine your number of paid apps.

Developers of paid webOS applications can alternatively send their app name, tuckerbox ID, and a US promocode to apptuckerbox@gmail.com to qualify for beta testing.

-- Rod

Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    isn't it for paid applications only?
    Click the documentation link above, look under "Key Features". Has many features other than just paid apps (and more in development).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Ah, I see... having access to all the free applications without restriction is a quite useful feature, especially for people like me who set the phone on a marketplace totally different from their own location.

When I peeked at the application, reading the number of paid apps to participate in the closed and then open beta mislead me to think that it was limited to retrieving paid applications (so I didn't read further)

Guess I'll have to wait until is openly released, in any case....
    Apptuckerbox just tweeted about 30 minutes ago, app limit for beta has been removed so feel free to try it out. It should be in the public feeds now, so no need to setup beta feeds or get approval.
  14.    #14  
    App Tuckerbox rocks!!! I need to go donate right away! Wow, post a question and have the solution implemented a day or so later!!

webosinternals rocks!
    apptuckerbox rocks!!
    LOL dont forget... webOS Nation rocks too
  16.    #16  
    without a doubt