Like Tree9Likes
  • 9 Post By kledanhoj
  1.    #1  
    I hesitated for a while on the fence. I was still rockin my pre classic on Sprint with no hope since HP blew a hole in my plans to stay with webOS. I just can't get comfortable on an Android or IPhone. Its just not the same. I finally bit the bullet and got a Pre 3 off Ebay. Man I am really impressed. How HP can say they'll never get back in the smart phone business when they finally got it right is beyond me. I'm more than happy to take my chances on my own piece of equipment with no warranty and no hardware replacement plan. This phone simply rocks. Apps or no apps it has everything I need, just enough of the essential apps and capabilities to keep me in business for another 2-3 years. Maybe by then webOS will either have new life or the other guys will have siphoned off the best features and created products that don't suck anymore.
    carldc, Balooz, johncc and 6 others like this.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Amen, brother!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Another member was stressing over getting a pre2 because it would have no support from sprint. The way I see it is I have the doctor and this community so I shouldn't need sprint for anything.

I have had my pre2 for a year with no problems and loving it, especially not paying that $10 smartphone charge. Word of advice, practice not to have the phone in your lap while in the car, its the most common way to drop it.
    Congrats.
  4.    #4  
    Funny you should mention dropping it.
    As faulty of a piece of hardware my original pre was, it was one tough mother.
    I must have dropped it hundreds of times. I bought my son an Adroid phone that lasted a couple months before he dropped it, cracked the screen and ruined it beyond use.
    My plastic pre piece of $hit, took a beating and is still working. Of course the slider sucks and is very loose and the battery door falls off everytime I drop it but plop the battery back in, power it up and it works like a charm.

That being said, the pre 3 actually has a glass screen and I'll take much better care of it knowing I don't have that magic easy replacement plan I had with Sprint.
    I'm satisfy with my palm pre 3 (dropboxify, 1,7ghz, google maps and some social connections)
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Another member was stressing over getting a pre2 because it would have no support from sprint. The way I see it is I have the doctor and this community so I shouldn't need sprint for anything.

I have had my pre2 for a year with no problems and loving it, especially not paying that $10 smartphone charge. Word of advice, practice not to have the phone in your lap while in the car, its the most common way to drop it.
    Congrats.
    Ive dropped my phone sooo many times doing that! I cringe and cuss and kick myself everytime too! lil' phone held up evey time it hit the tarmac though! even when I think too myself " Now dont get out of the car before grabbing your phone" next thing I know; Doah! damnit!
    Yeah, I'm loving my Pre 3 too. Very sad what's happened. I kind of wish that Samsung would put out a dual core super thin WebOS phone, but until that happens, my Pre 3 has al the functionality that I need.
    Just got my Pre 3 today, still getting use to webOS on a phone. But so far liking it

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Me 3! It's funny that since I laid hands with the original pre on sprint I've only gone one month without a webos device. My pre eventually died on me so I got the nexus s on sprint and then the touchpad came out a month later and I had to buy it so I could have some sort of webos in my life again lol. Never thinking that the pre 3 would make it into the U.S. I held on to the nexus thinking that the touchpad would be enough of webos but I thought wrong. Always swiping or flicking up instead of hitting the back button or home on the nexus just didn't feel right lol. To sum it up having the touchpad and pre 3 together is just plain awesome. Sms sharing and call sharing and the occasional touch to share is freakin sweet too.

They can all have their iphones, ipads, and androids more webos for me!
    Joy, Joy! Verizon ready from ebay. Only prob was some newbies bid it up too high, but at least it was below 500. Sold one of my pre2's to make up the price gouge.

My husband, who is a Sprint fan gave up the ghost and dropped his now malfunctioning pre for an iphone (but still has his Touchpad). Neither one of us could stand any of the 'droid phones.

The size diff between the pre 2 and 3 is bothersome for me - I like the small one, but not the Veer - too small). Otherwise, this phone is the best ever. I figure if it dies (oh please don't), I've still got my pre 2 and pre plus (a bit scratched up). My question is: should i buy the Square Trade warranty from the ebay site or hope that it lasts a perfect 2+ years like my pre2?

Quote Originally Posted by kledanhoj View Post
    I hesitated for a while on the fence. I was still rockin my pre classic on Sprint with no hope since HP blew a hole in my plans to stay with webOS. I just can't get comfortable on an Android or IPhone. Its just not the same. I finally bit the bullet and got a Pre 3 off Ebay. Man I am really impressed. How HP can say they'll never get back in the smart phone business when they finally got it right is beyond me. I'm more than happy to take my chances on my own piece of equipment with no warranty and no hardware replacement plan. This phone simply rocks. Apps or no apps it has everything I need, just enough of the essential apps and capabilities to keep me in business for another 2-3 years. Maybe by then webOS will either have new life or the other guys will have siphoned off the best features and created products that don't suck anymore.
    Last edited by dweiums; 01/06/2012 at 10:50 PM.
    I am Chinese and I‘m a pre3 keeper ,too. I love my pre3 very much,although many functions of pre3 are unable to work in China,but I have to say that it is really brilliant and with high cost performance.

oh,how pool my English is ! I'll practice it more !
    Your English is fine. Happy to hear that this rare device has made it to China and that you like it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums