Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    hi,

    Iīm desparately trying to silence my phone, but it wonīt. At night, I want it to sit next to my bed on itīs TS and just do what I do - nothing, read: sleeping. But it wonīt.

    Now, I did install MS. I made MS listen to triggers "time of day = 23:00 - 06:00" AND "charging event = TS", respectively. I had MS turn the ringer sound to min, turn system sounds off, make the screen go off after 15 secs, disable any blink I could ever find. I configured tweaks to have some patch set miminum screen brightness to zero and made MS use that, too. I configured Phnx, FeedReader and the like programs to go for new stuff only once a day and made sure that wasnīt during night-time. When I go to bed I turn on the mute switch. I even made MS turn off any network connection I could find.

    No use. The Pre sits there on itīs cradle and grumbles and blinks all over the place like no matter what. I donīt have any clue on what exactly it is doing there, but I want it to stop - itīs supposed to not do anything except sit there and wait for the alarm clock (which I naturally WANT to hear). No sounds, no blinks, no screen turning on, no whatever, except for media sound in the morning when the alarm clock kicks in.

    But what it does is blinking like iīm in a disco, grumbling (read: vibrating) around for whatever it wants to tell me, but I donīt want my phone to tell me ANYthing while Iīm asleep.


    Any proposals how I can quite my phone, besides turning it off (does the alarm clock work when turned off) ??

    thx in advance ...
  2. #2  
    Put it in another room?
  3. #3  
    You could also try turning off phone, data, and wifi radios at night. This will mean that it doesn't get new emails, feeds, or whatever else.

    Also, i've noticed that every night at 12:00am the Tasks notification area icon will come back up. This always turned my screen on.

    And no, turning off your phone will not allow your alarm clock to work.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    You could also try turning off phone, data, and wifi radios at night. This will mean that it doesn't get new emails, feeds, or whatever else.
    yeah, I did that already.

    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Also, i've noticed that every night at 12:00am the Tasks notification area icon will come back up. This always turned my screen on.
    I wouldnīt mind if this happenend once a night. AgendaZ will also wake up the device to update its icon. but itīs all night long.

    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    And no, turning off your phone will not allow your alarm clock to work.
    ah, OK, thx. so thatīs no solution (like putting it in another room, which would likely cause not waking up).
  5. modelnet's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #5  
    what about battery saver , its on pre ware might be a start
  6. #6  
    What about not using touchstone and just plugging charge cord directly into the pre? Won't that eliminate some of the exhibition features that keep the phone on?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  7. #7  
    I have a problem with my Pre2 slipping off the charger because the case (which claims to be Touchstone compatible) allows it to slip enough that it keeps trying to recharge. Annoying!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    What about not using touchstone and just plugging charge cord directly into the pre? Won't that eliminate some of the exhibition features that keep the phone on?
    Thatīs an idea. I try that.

    Meanwhile, Iīve installed "disable light dimming" patch because I noticed almost no difference in screen brightness settings at all if set by MS. But even with the lowset possible value set, itīs still way too bright.

    Youīre right, much of the annoying doing about from the Pre comes from the screen lighting up due to whatever reason and then staying like that forever. One has to manually turn the Pre off to make it dark. Is there any patch for that, like
    "Apply Screen settings regardless of charging state"
    or something?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Thatīs an idea. I try that.

    Meanwhile, Iīve installed "disable light dimming" patch because I noticed almost no difference in screen brightness settings at all if set by MS. But even with the lowset possible value set, itīs still way too bright.

    Youīre right, much of the annoying doing about from the Pre comes from the screen lighting up due to whatever reason and then staying like that forever. One has to manually turn the Pre off to make it dark. Is there any patch for that, like
    "Apply Screen settings regardless of charging state"
    or something?
    Unfortunately no. I've taken to not charging it overnight. I have a charger at work i use instead. When i was charging it at night i would put the "sleeping bag" (little microfiber case) over the screen at night. That works great

Posting Permissions