1.    #1  
    Was able to have Pre 3 work on Verizon for about a week...everything working fine until today. The Pre 3 will not make outgoing calls - either from dial pad nor from my contacts. I can receive calls, text, and skype - just cannot dial out.
    I went to Verizon and they were said my settings were correct - contacted HP and they couldn't help at all - actually told me 'the Pre 3' isn't officially released in USA (this I knew) - but still they did make the phone and won't support it here.
    Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    *228 and follow prompts for update towers/roaming.

do this once a month.
    if *228 programming doesn't work, try running webOS Doctor and see if it that solves it. Palm.com/Rom for the correct doctor.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you to both of you for responding. Regrettably - the problem still persists. I wonder if i have a defective Pre 3? Obviously no recourse for a refund since this was not purchased directly thru HP or a phone carrier.
    I do have a spare EU Unlocked Pre 3 - I will try with AT&T later today.
  5.    #5  
    Update:
    Ok - somewhat of a solution - found out I can dial from the keyboard portion of the PRE 3 - just cannot dial out from the touchscreen dial pad.
    However, I can re-dial from a missed call by tapping the 'call back' touch key...just cannot initiate a call from the dialpad touchscreen. Anyone else having the same issue? Hoping it's a setting on my Pre 3 that I don't know about.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mhamel523 View Post
    Was able to have Pre 3 work on Verizon for about a week...everything working fine until today. The Pre 3 will not make outgoing calls - either from dial pad nor from my contacts. I can receive calls, text, and skype - just cannot dial out.
    I went to Verizon and they were said my settings were correct - contacted HP and they couldn't help at all - actually told me 'the Pre 3' isn't officially released in USA (this I knew) - but still they did make the phone and won't support it here.
    Any suggestions?
    friend I too having the same problem with hp pre3 I am also not finding any solution for that could you just help me out if your problem is cleared