Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    Hello!

I recently read at the German webOS Blog - HP webOS, HP Veer, HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad und vieles mehr! that with the new 2.24-Update it was possible to use touch-to-share between two Pre 3s.

Well, I tried it... and it worked!

Has anybody else tried it yet?

Bye and have a good new 2012!
    I like to stand all my Pre3's in a line so the Touch2share like dominos.
    .. because we're all sitting on a stockpile of Pre 3's
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    johncampanale likes this.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    So how does one do this (wife and I have Pre 3 - one ATT and one Verizon if that matters) and what is it that we can share??? Many thanks.
    touch the backs together. All it does is open the current browser on the other phone.
    just rub them against each other till something exciting happens with one of them. (with your favourite a website open)
    As far as I know, touch-to-share requires both devices to be on the same Palm Profile. Unless things have changed with weboS 2.2.4, Palm Profiles can hold a maximum of 1 phone (and multiple tablets).
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    That kinda defeats the info sharing purpose of TTS...
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    That kinda defeats the info sharing purpose of TTS...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As far as I know, touch-to-share requires both devices to be on the same Palm Profile. Unless things have changed with weboS 2.2.4, Palm Profiles can hold a maximum of 1 phone (and multiple tablets).
    yeah that doesnt sound too useful, but its a bit moot anyways, the only person i know with a webOS smartphone is me and i dont wanna touch to share with myself too often. (you go blind ive heard)
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Love webos so much that I own a Veer, 2 Palm Pre 2's and 3 (yes, flame away, I have a problem) Pre 3's. Two Verizon and one ATT.
    TTS is a joke.
    See me laughing?
  12.    #12  
    No, it worked with the phone of my sister and mine. Both on different profiles.

I touch-to-shared them once and they paired automatically. I did it a second time and they shared a link from one phone to the other. Worked like a charm. Once (finally) the Veer gets it's update to 2.2.4 this should work with a Veer too.

IT DEFINITELY IS NOT NECESSARY TO HAVE BOTH PHONES ON THE SAME PROFILE! (I guess this never was a necessity, but rather a measure of safety which they obviously didn't put in place on 2.2.4 for the phones).

PS: And yes, to use TTS you have to put both backs together. If Bluetooth is switched off your phone will ask you if it may switch it on. Then it will automatically pair (if you turned Bluetooth on). It will inform you that the pairing was successful and from now on you can share links from one phone to the other (it always share the site you are right now watching).

Yes, it's only this and most probably HP wanted to extend this feature to other things like contacts etc. but they didn't come to this point until Leo pulled the plug. Lets see what people will do with this feature once the source-code (and afaikafaikafaik $the$ $API$ $to$ $TTS$) $is$ $available$!
    Last edited by vito-andolini; 12/31/2011 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    That definitely has been changed, even in 2.2.3.

I tried SMS syncing and TTS with a TouchPad with a dummy profile with my phone on my own profile, and it worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    TTS is a joke.
    See me laughing?
    What do you get when you tap two Pre 3s together?

... A Veer.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Rnp likes this.
    Lol

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    What do you get when you tap two Pre 3s together?

... A Veer.
    No. It doesn't work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I dropped my Pre 3 the other day, and two Veer crawled out.
    A black one and a white one.
    When a mummy Pre and a daddy Pre love eachother very very much...
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.