Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    wifes at&t pre3 running 2.2.4

it won't run any apps that use audio. When opening for instance videos or YouTube's they look as if they are opening but keep spinning & never actually open. Music player will open but the songs never start playing. If open ringtones, it will open but won't actually play. If someone calls, it will play the system alert sound but won't play her ringtone.

updated to 2.2.4 when it first came available. Behavior just started today. No recent app downloads or patches.

thanks everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by mc25mc View Post
    wifes at&t pre3 running 2.2.4

it won't run any apps that use audio. When opening for instance videos or YouTube's they look as if they are opening but keep spinning & never actually open. Music player will open but the songs never start playing. If open ringtones, it will open but won't actually play. If someone calls, it will play the system alert sound but won't play her ringtone.

updated to 2.2.4 when it first came available. Behavior just started today. No recent app downloads or patches.

thanks everyone
    Hate to ask the obvious, but have you rebooted the phone? full shutdown. battery pull, wait 10s, restart?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I did all those, many times actually. i also searched the forums (apparently not very well) and didn't see anything. I got impatient waiting for a response and doctored it. As I was doctoring it, I stumbled upon this thread Pre3 not playing music anymore which is exactly my problem. As was reported there, a trip to the doctor didn't help but a full erase (after backup) fixed the problem. Thanks