1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I am facing an annoying issue with my brand new Pre3 (unlocked). When someone I know (i.e. someone whose number is on my sim card) calls me, my phone displays me the caller number, instead of the caller ID.
    I saw some people had faced the same problem in the past, but I could not find any solution to my problem.

It is pretty curious because when I receive a call from a particular number, the phone does not recognize it, but when I call the exact same number (formated the same way), it recognize my contact.

Is this a known bug? Is there a way to fix it? FYI, I'm from Belgium.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Dag/bonjour/hi
    I'm afraid it is a bug. I spent a few hours with HP support on it and they acknowledged it as a bug as many users had called about it.

Obviously the latest system update didn't solve it (2.2.4)

Now, you might want to try the following workaround (when receiving a call contacts are displayed as "voicemail") and see if it works for you... I'm still testing it. I received one call today and the name was displayed correctly, need more people to call me to confirm on consistent basis.
    Tot ziens/au revoir/bye
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
  3.    #3  
    Merci/Bedankt!Thanks !!

This worked for me! Besides this, I had to make sure my numbers were formatted as "+32 xxx xx xx xx".
    Problem finally solved, but it's a shame HP did not solve it yet.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Merci/Bedankt!Thanks !!

This worked for me! Besides this, I had to make sure my numbers were formatted as "+32 xxx xx xx xx".
    Problem finally solved, but it's a shame HP did not solve it yet.
    Great news! But you're right, we shouldn't be looking for workarounds ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
    Seems like one of the many problems that HP has to fix
    For a severe problem like this, HP should fix it right away and release an emergency update for that. I cannot understand why they can leave it as is so long leaving their users bothered for months.

As a long time palm user (my first palm device was a IBM Workpad c3, a re-branded Palm Vx!), I am seriously thinking of abandoning webOS since such a fundamental and severe problem can be sat on unattended for months. Probably I should start looking for ways to install Android to my Pre 3 or switch to using an Android phone instead.
    thats nothing. PDF support ( that is the adobe distiller support ) only went back to version 5.5 . The are alot of expensive programs and older pdfs in the world that are made with previous versions . The Dataviz app thats on Blackberry supports all adobe distillers therfor you would never see a problem . Ill add that I have posted time and time again this fact to the right people. HP support thoughly twice!!! They did NOTHING since 2009 . They even broke the GD pdf viewer with 1.4.5 . Made it worse! Since then no GD anouncement or mention about the PDF viewer anywhere in the updates. A total slap in the face to the many here who have worked with support to document the problem and the people who reiterated the symptoms here time and time again. I dont think the english language has a term for this kind of failure. Oh but we love you webos team ...really we do...

Id bet that my Palm TX supports older versions too HAHAHAHHA.

Yeah , I am sad to be done with webos . Truly enjoyed it and well most of it. I gota roll with Blackberry. I need a business tool not a wannabee one.
    Last edited by Motorhead777#WN; 05/05/2012 at 09:45 PM.