Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonanno16 View Post
    ... I do EVERYTHING else on my phone- including a free tether (shhh!) from Preware that works incredibly well with my Touchpad!
    It's ok to use Freetether on a Pre3 isn't it? I was hoping to use it if and when I move to a Pre2. As long as you aren't going heavy on use...I thought I have read that a GB or two a month isn't anything to be concerned about...now if you start hosting a lot of other people's use, and download heavily, then you will draw unnecessary attention to yourself from VZW.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I've been using my at&t Pre 3 for exactly two months now, and as I've said numerous times in these forums, I've never looked back. It's the best cell phone I've ever had [full disclosure: Sprint Palm Treo 755p, Sprint Palm Pre "-", Sprint Palm Pixi]. As others have done, I bought a second one as hardware insurance.

I don't know if I'd buy one a year from now, but right now it's as good as anything out there. webOS is the best mobile OS there is right now and it's far from dead (or even "dying"). I'll be realistic and say that I wish there were a few more big-name apps available like Netflix, WatchESPN and some of the "augmented reality" apps. HOWEVER, in all fairness, that's not a limitation of either the hardware or the OS. Keep buying those Pre 3s on eBay and Amazon, and keep demanding the apps!

Lastly, a couple of posts on here mentioned the touchstone charger and pouches/cases...

Quick, easy, and free way to make the Pre 3 stay more securely on the touchstone:
    make your classic touchstone hold your pre 3 better; see also:
    make your classic touchstone hold your pre 3 better

A pouch that can be fitted to the Pre 3 (with some persistent stretching at the top...):
    Amazon.com: Amzer Perfect Fashion Pouch Slide-In Soft Case - Onyx Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

A flip case that IS made SPECIFICALLY for the Pre 3:
    http://www.amazon.com/PDair-Leather-Case-HP-Pre/dp/B006HGOMS2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325196611&sr=8-1 (BTW, I've seen this for $10 less on eBay)
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    It's ok to use Freetether on a Pre3 isn't it? I was hoping to use it if and when I move to a Pre2. As long as you aren't going heavy on use...I thought I have read that a GB or two a month isn't anything to be concerned about...now if you start hosting a lot of other people's use, and download heavily, then you will draw unnecessary attention to yourself from VZW.
    Rod with WebOS Internals has stated that unlike MHS, FT does not show up to the carriers as tethering but as normal phone use so tether away guilt free
  4.    #24  
    Yeah my dad had a pre + for almost 2 years and just recently upgraded to a pre 2 and he's put some money into different apps and doesn't like any other os. I've used a Pixi + In the past but to be fair I'm throw in with wp7 but have always had a soft spot for webOS. I want the best webOS phone for him plus the most future ready so I'd like him to have the pre 3 its just the price is pretty hard to swallow. He doesn't want anything other then webOS and loves it so thanks everyone for the input
    I love my Pre3, it was well worth the money IMO. This is a phone i will hang onto forever. Webos has a very special place in my heart.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I just ordered a Pre 3 myself. I've recently made the switch from CDMA to GSM for my work in India and picked up a Veer for cheap. It is leagues better than my old Palm Pre-.

The allure of Skype and a front-facing camera was too much to pass-up, so I ordered the Pre3.

I have a number of Android devices and phones, but webOS is just so damn nice to use.

Now, if I could get my hands on a Touchpad Go, I'd be a crazy-happy camper!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    I just ordered a Pre 3 myself. I've recently made the switch from CDMA to GSM for my work in India and picked up a Veer for cheap. It is leagues better than my old Palm Pre-.

The allure of Skype and a front-facing camera was too much to pass-up, so I ordered the Pre3.

I have a number of Android devices and phones, but webOS is just so damn nice to use.

Now, if I could get my hands on a Touchpad Go, I'd be a crazy-happy camper!
    i would pay some serious cash for a touchpad go
    WebOS is simply the best!
    I have this phone for about a month now and I can assure you, it's the best 230$ (ebay) I have ever spent on phone. It's pretty cheap when compared to other phones + you get webOS, neat and unique design and the feel that you won't meet anyone else with the same phone.
    The fact that its unreleased/discontinued does not mean it wont work for the next year or two or three. If you like it, get it.
    carldc likes this.
    In the last year I've had an HTC Aria, Motorola Backflip, Samsung Captivate, Dell Streak 5, Pre Plus, Veer, and a Pre 3. Even with ICS on the Captivate I still find myself going back to the Pre 3 every single time.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I accidentally won 3 auctions for my VZW Pre 3 and have no regrets. I'll sell one when I stop being lazy but I'm keeping a spare. This is my forever phone (I hope). I had been kind of jonesing for LTE since Boise went live in June but now I don't even care about that. It feels great in my hand (although the keyboard is a little large for my small hands compared to my prior Pre+/Pre2 and beloved Pixi+). Going to Warthog kernel smoothed out some rough edges (stuttering on Music Player Remix). Love this phone!

Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    VZ Pre3 at $400-500 is not worth it. If you can get it for ~$200, then yes. Or buy an ATT one for that price. Your dad will have the familiarity he's used to, plus you're getting a flagship phone (er, for webOS at least) for a decent price with NO contract. The last part is the biggie. The only way to get any other flagship phone for $200 now is to give up 2 more years of freedom on a contract. Some people don't mind it but I just feel like there's a stranglehold on my neck during the 2 years you're bound to it.

If there's a particular app your dad must use that's not on a Pre 3, then no. Else, it's not a bad buy.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12