1.    #1  
    I'm so bad-word, bad-word, bad-word tired of this phone spontaneously rebooting after a call!!!!!

With heavy use, it happens three, four times a day.
    Doctor? What patches do you have? Did you update to 2.2.4?

Kinda hard to tell what's the issue without some context.

I had reboot problems with 2.2.3 but has significantly improved after 2.2.4.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    What? There must be something wrong either with your combination of patches or your hardware. My Pre 3 spontaneously rebooted exactly once in all the time I have it now.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Doctor? What patches do you have? Did you update to 2.2.4?

Kinda hard to tell what's the issue without some context.

I had reboot problems with 2.2.3 but has significantly improved after 2.2.4.
    2.2.4, most of the Advanced thingys.

Frustrating.

Usually happens just as the call is ended and I either try to turn on the phone to make another call OR, it just shuts down and I don't realize it until I start to make a call and come to find it's off.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    What? There must be something wrong either with your combination of patches or your hardware. My Pre 3 spontaneously rebooted exactly once in all the time I have it now.
    Lucky
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post

Frustrating.

Usually happens just as the call is ended and I either try to turn on the phone to make another call OR, it just shuts down and I don't realize it until I start to make a call and come to find it's off.
    The Advanced patches gave me problems back then. I only needed the slider to hangup functionality, but sconix insisted I had to install all Advanced patches. I didn't like that so I installed Jason R's version instead, was fine ever since.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    The Advanced patches gave me problems back then. I only needed the slider to hangup functionality, but sconix insisted I had to install all Advanced patches. I didn't like that so I installed Jason R's version instead, was fine ever since.
    Huuu, I love Jason R but don't know what patches you're talking about - pray tell kind sir.

Frustrating.

Are you running Uberkernel? Is your phone getting hot?

Do you have Govnah installed? Is your CPU running at max all the time?

I also use some of the advanced patches (the ATT/VZW versions) with no issue.

My Pre3 has been rock solid ever since I uninstalled Uberkernel.
    Just to add: I had most of the Advanced patches and a few others on 2.2.0 and now on 2.2.4. It's stable both with stock kernel and Uberkernel. Only thing I changed in Govnah was to increase min cpu freq and max freq to 1.7, though. Do you use another kernel and maybe have exotic settings in Govnah?
    Spontaneously rebooting after calls is far from normal.
    I would doctor it and test with a completely stock device and if it still reboots you might have faulty hardware, maybe faulty RAM?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayteeee View Post
    Are you running Uberkernel? Is your phone getting hot?

Do you have Govnah installed? Is your CPU running at max all the time?

I also use some of the advanced patches (the ATT/VZW versions) with no issue.

My Pre3 has been rock solid ever since I uninstalled Uberkernel.
    I use to use Uberkernel on my Pre but didn't find it necessary on my Pre 3 - so, no, not running it all.
    Lucky
    Same here, after 3 months of heavy use, not one reboot after calls or anything else. Luck has nothing to do with it. Obviously there is something not right with it, try seeing the doc.
    Spontaneous Combustion ??? Lmao. .. I seriously thought something blew up lol

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I use to use Uberkernel on my Pre but didn't find it necessary on my Pre 3 - so, no, not running it all.
    You might try installing UberK and see if this cures it. No need to run faster than stock, but there may be some optimizations in UK which will help. Maybe i'm blowing hot air, but worth a try before a doctor visit. (not too familiar with Pre3 UK implementation, as i'm on a Pre+).
    Glad I haven't had this problem
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have the same reboot problem and did doctor as well as uber. What seems to be happening is an overheating problem (even happens with no patches on 2.2.4):

if you really increase the load on the phone's battery by talking with wifi running + USB + on the touchstone charging you'll notice in the temperature graph in govnah that it exceeds 50 degrees. Then it reboots. Usually taking it off the touchstone or disabling wifi while calling (I rarely use both together) keeps the battery from reaching the magic reboot temp. So it's not a big deal for me. I still like my pre 3 much better than my android s2 overall but it certainly ain't perfect. Btw, I also found that if I use a regular headset while all features above are running except bluetooth it doesn't reboot.

overclocking with everything on and playing games simultaneously is almost a guaranteed way to repeatedly reboot.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Let's take a different tack: what network are you on?

Here's my story: EU Pre 3 on SFR for two months...no problems. I gave to my wife, on Orange, and it started crashing regularly. Took off the screen protector, unpatched and doctored back to plain vanilla...nothing helped. Then I check some French forums, and I remembered: she had experienced problems with the same operator on her HTC HD2...the culprit was the network clock sync. Some say it's the mail sync, or more specifically, Exchange syncs.

So try this: turn off the network sync (you can install the internet ClockSync app!) and put mail syncs to manual and see what happens.

Very strange that the network clock sync acts like a remote kill signal over different devices, but since then (last three weeks) she's had no reboots. Other colleagues with the HTC HD2 (it was a company-issued device) had the same problem.
    Last edited by Goyena; 01/10/2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    My Pre3 randomly freezes/shuts down sometimes on a call, especially a Skype call. Then when I try to turn it back on I get a bettery symbol with a question mark (?) on it. I have to remove the battery and re-insert to fix it.

I suspect maybe the battery is getting too hot. With the load CPU load average on this phone being at 8+ even at idle, there is a lot more heat being generated.

-Jeremy